Greetings Southerners From Me Up North!

TilleTeamM

Hello everybody!

My name is Lars Persson-Tille and I work as a film maker in Sweden. I'm one of about five people who

produce aviation videos, and myself work as a camerman and video editor. I also run a video production

company, together with my colleague Karsten, in the town Lund which is located in southern Sweden.

However, when we produce aviation videos we call ourselves the "TeamM". We film on the video system

DVCAM and HDCAM, and quite recently we also incorporated a GoPro camera in our aviation videos.

As I don't know that much about aviation in Australia, maybe someone can fill me in with some typical details

regarding this. I know you have an air force, and I believe that you use airplanes quite extencively in order to

reach remote parts of your huge continent. I also believe that in your early aviation history you flew with the

Bleriot XI, is that right? Postal delivery?

Anyway, I will pop in from time to time and se what is happening.

Here are a few video clip for you that we shot during the summer 2011 (am... during our winter?)

All the best to you all!

/Tille, TeamM

G'day Lars - Welcome to friendliest aviation forum downunder! Enjoyed your videos, keep them coming. Apart from filming aviation are you an active pilot?

I can't answer your question regards the Bleriot, but Australia does have a rich aviation history from when American Harry Houdini became the first person to fly in Australia in 1910, beating one of our locals by literally hours to do it, from memory. There are quite a few aviation guru's on here (I'm not one, I just fly) & I'm sure in time will answer your question. I can tell you that yes aviation is a big part of the Australian scene. As you have identified with our remoteness, you may have heard of the Royal Flying Doctor Service which provides medical assistance to remote parts of the country & fly many thousands of hours each year. Basically, if it fly's you will find it here.

Looking forward to hearing more about aviation in Sweden..........

Guest David C

Welcome Lars ...Good to have you onboard .. Like Dexter , I'm no aviation guru either , I fly also though , and I'm sure in the course of time all your questions will find an answer here .. I hope you have a long and happy association with us here ..

Dave C

G'day Lars - Welcome to friendliest aviation forum downunder! Enjoyed your videos, keep them coming. Apart from filming aviation are you an active pilot?I can't answer your question regards the Bleriot, but Australia does have a rich aviation history from when American Harry Houdini became the first person to fly in Australia in 1910, beating one of our locals by literally hours to do it, from memory. There are quite a few aviation guru's on here (I'm not one, I just fly) & I'm sure in time will answer your question. I can tell you that yes aviation is a big part of the Australian scene. As you have identified with our remoteness, you may have heard of the Royal Flying Doctor Service which provides medical assistance to remote parts of the country & fly many thousands of hours each year. Basically, if it fly's you will find it here.

Looking forward to hearing more about aviation in Sweden..........

Hi all,

And thank you for the hearty welcome from you all! Sorry to say, I'm not an active pilot, My interest in aviation

was awaken quite late in life, and my interest extend to filming, and reading about it. I also enjoy the massive variants

of airplanes in the world, of which my latest crush was when I saw the S-38 Sikorsky and the Beechcraft Staggerwing for

the first time this summer. The S-38 was a replica, owned and piloted by Tom Schrade from the US, and the Staggerwing

an original owned and flown by John Roth from Sweden.

Aviation in Sweden revolves around a few areas.

- Military, the Saab 39 Gripen, developed by Saab and markeded in the world in cooperation with BA.

Recently the Gripen servced under the UN in Libya, having its homebase in the south of Italy. Upgrades

of the Gripen is a constant subject of discussion among enthusiasts.

- Historically, well there is much to me said there. The first recorded flight was done by the aviator Carl Cederström,

and the place was at the "Gärdet" in Stockholm, in 1910. Mr. Cederström graduated from the Frenchman Louis Blerióts

aviation school, and flew with a Bleriót XI.

A few years ago the military realised an idea of preserving old military aircrafts to flying condition. The association

is called (in English actually!) The Swedish Air Force Historic Flight. In their fleet can be found "The Saab 29 Tunnan"

(the only "Flying Barell" in the world today), The Scottish Aviation Bulldog, and "The Saab Safir".

We also have the wellknown aviator Mikael Carlson, who restores and flies historical airplanes. He has rebuilt 3 original

Bleriót XI airplanes, Fokker Dr.1 Dreidecker and many other airplanes.

- In Sweden is also located the worlds largest aviation assosiation, the SFF (transl. The Swedish Aviation Historical

Society) with more than 6000 members (including me), and there are also many local aviation clubs and privately owned

airplane spread throughout our country.

- Air shows, well many are arranged during the summer season of course but very few are reoccurring from year to year

unfortunately. We in TeamM would of course love to document these air shows with our videocameras, but as there are

no regularly organised air shows we take what comes our way, and produce every year an aviation DVD series called "Air Show

Special", which will contain more than one air show. As we are located to the south of Sweden we can quite easilly travel

to Denmark though and film at their air shows.

Well, that was an overview. Much more can be said about it.

All the best.

Here are a few video clips for you!

http://www.teamm.se/group.asp?group=37

/Tille, TeamM

Thanks, Lars & welcome to the forum. Hope to hear more from you in the future. Some nice clips there; this one

has a foreign object floating around the cockpit at 0.49, 2.04 & 6.19. Must be a leaf or a piece of aluminium foil.Cheers, Willie.