Ra-aus Tech Manager Resigns

Guest avi8tr

Was disappointed to hear on the grape vine that Steve Bell has just resigned. Not sure of the circumstances

as yet. I hope this doesn't mean any setbacks for RA-Aus as it usually takes a while for a new tech manager to get sorted. Probably not the best time for this to happen.

Guest David C

Indeed nothing is permanent , and as a member of RAAus I wish him all the very best in his new venture , whatever that may be ..

Dave C

Guest Michael Coates

mmm.. Just called re registrations, hard times ahead because there is now no-one on site to do anything. Any requests for anything airworthiness will now get sent to Dean in South Australia.... I was just told by the office staff you are looking at two weeks to get a registration number, two weeks to get an aircraft registered, possibly longer any airworthiness issues. It is really difficult that the RAA positions themselves to be so vulnerable in this area. Replacing Steve Bell (who in my opinion did a fantastic job) is going to be difficult and more importantly time-consuming! For aircraft importers like myself this is going to be a huge disruption over the coming months.