Aircraft Down

Guest DWB

Either a ultralight or a gyrocopter has just crashed ar Jerry's Plains NSWNo further info available yet. There was a serious storm going through there at the time that I could see from here.

Guest David C

Jerrys Plains is near Singleton in the Hunter Valley region , so unless there is a mix up with locations then this would be a different incident to the Port Macquarie one .

Dave C

Can't find out anything more at this stage. I was with my brother, the Captain Denman Fire & Rescue when they got called. He returned shortly after saying they were called off as Jerry's Plains RFS were on scene & advised no persons were trapped or injured. My theory, & it's only a theory that due to the WX they did a precautionary landing in a farm paddock that perhaps went a bit pear shape. They landed apparently 2km Denman side of Jerry's Plains, ironically, Coolmore Studs magnificent bitumen strip is only another 3 km further west, but they might not have had a choice. When I hear more will advise, but good to hear no serious injuries.

Guest Michael Coates

If the Lucerne is not too high in the valley and they have not harvested 10 millions bales of hay there are plenty of good spots around there, even about 300 m at the back of the JP hotel