New Member In Melb

Guest Nerb

Hi all.

Im looking to get back into flying mode after a short hiatus. I just fly for fun and have a measly 70 hours that i accumulated back before 1998 at Archerfield including a bit of fun in a super decathlon.

I then decided to go back to uni and get a degree in civil eng, putting a holt on that expensive hobby, and now run my own business.

Finally ive decided its time to get active again. My father was building a Lancair back in the early 90's, a project that was sadly never finished. I'd like to build my own kit and have been looking at something like the Velocity (i'd like to be able to take the family flying, plus i think they look great).

Is there many kit builders on here? My research is only just starting and i'd love to hear from a few others.

Cheers

Bren

Guest aviatrix27

G'day Bren, welcome! I haven't necessarily heard much talk of kit building, but that doesn't mean there aren't any builders here. Good luck with it, and get yourself back into the air!

Hi Bren, welcome to the forum. I have an RV6 in the works as well as a resto on a kitfox type aircraft ,,,as well as a couple of components for an EXP Super Cub, happy to chat about building , I hang around Coldstream mostly and head over to Lilydale for some of the more interesting renters over there.

cheers Met

Welcome Bren to TAA. Thank you for bringing my attention to the Velocity. Had not come across them before but thanks to Google have now. That is an impressive aircraft. Enjoy your stay here & hopefully some will be able to impart some information to you.

Thanks guys for the quick replies.

Yes, the velocity certainly looks impressive for a kit build... 4 seats and 200knot cruise. Theres not many others that fit that criteria. A lancair would be the beez neez but i dont have half a million.

I will probably get back into my training at Lilydale? Who's the team out there?

Thanks guys for the quick replies.Yes, the velocity certainly looks impressive for a kit build... 4 seats and 200knot cruise. Theres not many others that fit that criteria. A lancair would be the beez neez but i dont have half a million.

I will probably get back into my training at Lilydale? Who's the team out there?

there's a couple of schools at the two airfields , both are good although I haven't tried to rent any of the pipers at YLIL, YCEM usually has something available in a trike gear AC, there's also a Cherokee six at YCEM if that interests you.

the aeroclub at YCEM is a pretty good bunch if your into that side of things as well

cheers Met

Guest Darren Masters

And watch the Lancair with it's 70 something knot stall! Anyway, hope you find what you are looking for. Welcome to TAA :)