Hello From Mt Barker Sa

Leonie

Hello folks, my name is Leonie, a fellow plane enthusiast thanks to being raised by a pilot :D My dad is currently a lecturer at Parafield Airport in the College there. If any of you are local you might actually know him!

Anyways, I have always loved planes, did my work experience whilst at school at parafield, and got to help with a plane in the RAAF base. was very cool! many years ago now however. Decided to finish school instead of leaving to do an aircraft engineering apprenticeship that i was offered (would take it now if could turn back time!) Have a few learner hours in the cockpit, but unfortunately an injury which is now permanent means i cannot fly anymore so cannot continue with gaining a pilots licence :( I have however, since becoming permanently disabled, worked out I can paint aviation art on canvas :) my dominant hand doesnt work anymore, and my left is not great either, (and used to paint before) just only recently did i discover I could paint planes! they take me a while, and are painful, but gosh i love it. My avatar image is my first ever disabled painting, and first ever plane painting!! Also make them 3d-the spitfires nose pops out of the canvas a little. Keeps the hold planes have on me happy :) Hoping to go to the next Avalon airshow too! as have not been to any for a while now!

Anyways, not sure what else to say, but nice to meet you all!

• Like 2

Hi Leonie, and a very very big welcome!:)

Ummm... any chance of that avatar image being posted just a little bigger? It looks absolutely fantastic!

Oil paint? It has a beautiful warmth to it: lovely framing and composition.

Just go to "upload a file" down the bottom of the screen.

Looking forward to seeing you here lots more...

Cheers, Geoff - AKA "Siz" (after our 1909 Sizaire Naudin car, y'know!)

BTW, might your dad know Alan Hicks at Parafield?

Welcome to TAA Leonie. Wow, as Siz said that avatar pic looks awesome. Love to see some more. I think being able to paint is a wonderful skill, one which however, I totally lack. I'm a stick figure person! Do you / will you sell any paintings or do them on commission etc? Enjoy your time here, with some really great ppl.

WOW !!! Another aviation artist. I too paint aeroplanes. It is just the bestest fun. You can see one of mine if you go back to the 'home page',then scroll down to 'the lounge' then 'hobbies/collectables'.....mine is the 9th one down. Anyhow,as the others have said,welcome and PLEASE put up some piccys of your artwork;)

thanks for that warm welcome guys :) this really is a friendly forum!! And I just went and looked at your art work Ayeess, yours are awesome!! look like photos! Way better than my art work haha! i can upload the photos bigger :) I have done a few planes since my spitty, i will post them up too. I will put a post in the hobbies/collectables thread with them all in. And Siz, I will ask dad if he knows Alan Hicks, I believe he might as the name is very familiar! Dad pretty much knows everyone at parafield, he used to fly there for years, then taught for a bit, before becoming ground school. He was also at Aldinga aerodrome for a long time too. I am trying to sell some DWB, but no idea where to advertise them. Have one on gumtree but no interest. I family member bought one, so one has gone to WA, then a friend commisioned one which i finished a couple months ago, still waiting on him to pay and take it. So I would like to start doing more commisions, and sell some. Hard to let them go as I get so attached to each one. But not being able to work now, income is low, so any extra cash goes a long way! My spitfire though will be staying with me forever. I Have no idea waht to sell any for. THe one gumtree I have up for $400 on peoples advice, but no interest so must be too much LOL!! Have some artwork going into a disabled artists exhibition in July this year. The theme is change, and in true fashion mines going to be planes symbolizing change :) will be a 'forgotten' spitfire watching over a runway with a new age jet taking off. Even though spitfires are not forgotten, but they are not used in same way these days. Hopefully can get it done in time, wanted to buy the canvas this week to get it started but not enough cash till next week! oh well will win lotto one day :)

• Like 1

Have one on gumtree but no interest.

What's the link Leonie so we can all have a look - you never know..........

I searched Paintings & Aircraft Paintings to no avail.

Yep - thought that'd be the case ... we caught up with Alan & Helen, plus a bunch of other SA av folk at Cowra for the Antique Aeroplane Association's annual fly-in.

A great group of friendly people, and very nice aircraft, too!

Some shots here...

http://www.theaussieaviator.net/threads/cowra-aaaa-fly-in-et-al.34250/

And here are the local mob just prior to departing Cowra for the flight home.

[ATTACH=full]1210[/ATTACH]

IMG_0077b.thumb.jpg.5278e425c6b1e729123fffc0f10c95cd.jpg