Airborne once again

dsam

Hi. I’m new to this site, and probably will be the sort not to post very much, but I very much look forward to reading and learning from others experiences. I have an RA-AUS pilot’s certificate, & fly a Eurofox 3k from Lilydale Vic. (and she is a lovely aircraft to fly). As a teen the 1970’s I flew primitive gliders, and got my powered license flying a Cessna 150 in western Canada, but I couldn’t afford to keep myself current back then. Now retired, I’ve been fortunate that I’m once again airborne, and have a chance to become a “grey nomad of the air” around Australia for the next few years. I’ve readily adopted all the modern technology available to recreational aviators, and find flying to be even more of a joy now, than when I first learned back in the “dark ages”. Still, it’s a comfort to know I can rely on the old basics of safe flying & navigation learned in my youth, should it become necessary. Plan for the best, but prepare for the worst, I suppose is my current attitude. So far, I’ve happily enjoyed the best – long may it continue!

• Like 2

Hi Dsam, and welcome to the site.

There's lots of very learned people here who have a broad range of knowledge and experience.

Like you, I'm a returned grey pilot. I started flying hangliders in the mid 70's and then imported a Pterodactyl microlight kit from the States. I built the kit in my shed, then taught myself to fly it (long time before there were any schools).

I went into conventional flying when I was with a light aircraft company. I got my PPL and had lots of fun flying all over England.

That was many years ago, but 3 years ago I spent a summer flying gliders and got to solo standard.

I've now retired to rural NSW. But I'm building a MiniMax and looking forward to some low and slow flying around this beautiful part of the country.

It's great to be old and have time to do things!

Bruce

• Like 1

Hello from just across the way at Coldstream. I am the chief engineer at AvServe based there. I have CASA LAME + L2/L4 approvals and a good contacts for all avionics/radio issues too.

There are a friendly bunch of people here plus a wonderful valley to fly around. I enjoy taking the YVFT Tecnam out from time to time.

Regards,

Justin

• Like 1

Thanks for the warm welcome, guys. Justin, it's nice to know you are nearby, in case there is an issue to sort out. Who knows, we may be fortunate to cross paths from time to time in and around the Yarra Valley.

Regards,

Dave