BRS service bulletin

Guest rheggie

Hi,

I carried out the BRS inspection on my CT today as directed in the latest safety bulletin from FD and found that the screw was positioned correctly, ie everything was OK.

Has anyone found an improperly positioned screw that needed attention?

Does anyone know the circumstances of the incident that led to the fault being picked up? It says in the bulletin that a pilot tried to deploy the parachute unsuccessfully before carrying out an emergency landing in a field. But it doesn't say whether he walked away... hope he is OK. If there was a reasonable field within gliding distance then I'm surprised he elected to pull the 'chute (but who knows what the circumstances were?)

Does anyone know of any other BRS deployments in CT's?

Ryan

• 3 months later...

BRS Bulletins

Ryan, Are you conversant with BRS Service bulletin SB 07-03 as listed on the RAA website ANs ? . I have contacted BRS and they are sending the parts for the fix.

I am aware that you have done the release handle AN. {Mine was faulty by the way ] Rds David

• 2 weeks later...
Guest rheggie

David,

No I wasn't conversant, but i am now. Thanks for pointing it out. I assume

I thought you would have ripped the BRS anyway to get a bit of extra payload 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif

How do i contact BRS to get the parts and warranty claim form? Any advice on the install?

BTW how are you going with the new beast?

Ryan

You will need to contact a one Greg Ellsworth at BRS and quote your chute Serial nos etc, they will send parts, details on 'How To' are on service Bulletin on RAA website.

Not too hard to complete, [especially for your profession] just dont drop the little screws [ crowns].

[email protected]

Have just taken off gearbox in accordance with Rotax Service Bulletin, only to find that it wasnt fitted with a slipper clutch AAAAGGGGHHH, another $1300.

Then the carby heat box bushes had broken out of the housing causing "hot air ingestion all the time, so thats out getting fixed too. Now I just have to get it mobile and fly over to the agent to get the auto pilot fixed........D