Bush Pilots - Channel 7TWO Tonight

poteroo

Scanning the TV guide tonight and spotted this program hidden away. Somewhat similar to 'Worst Place to be a Pilot' but located at Maun in Botswana. Hyped up a little, but definitely some unusual hazards on the safari lodge strips. Striking similarity to Northern Australia insofar as dozens of hopeful CPL's trekking to Africa in search of that elusive '1st job'. Didn't appear to be a series. happy days,

Western Qld7TWO

Sunday 5.30 Tennis. Australian Open. Day 14:sad angel:

Maybe we will get it later......

And here we are, seriously considering secession, only to find that we're receiving preferential treatment:thumb up:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

There's also some interesting comment in the African Aviation section of pprune. Have a look at the thread called 'Maun,Botswana' for some revealing numbers on hours flown, wages, and cost of living. Clearly it's for adventurous single pilots looking for a couple years of hard work to reach 1500-2000 TT. Not for this little vegemite - I value my home comforts. happy days,

Watched Episode 3 for 20 mins yesterday and found it backtracking over how difficult it was for young pilots to crack their 1st job - again, in Maun, Botswana. What really struck me was just how similar is the situation there - to northern Australia. Change the accents, and it could be anywhere. Flying is truly a serious disease of the human race - why else would smart young people give up professions paying good money - to prostrate themselves in order to fly an Airvan or ancient Cessna in Africa? happy days,