Transportation of kits ?

Brett

Hi everyone ,,,just wondering if anyone has some advise about getting a kit transported from Victor Harbour to Perth ...I have rang around a fair few transport companies that come over to wa but some now only deal with business's and some have almost given me heart attacks by there quotes.Wa feightliners used to be I found the most competative but now they will only deal with ppl that have accounts with them.

Guest Andys@coffs
. or the rail maybeozzie

Sigh..... Ozzie you should be right, the rail system should be the cheapest alternative in a country the size and population we have... So why is it that most times its the most expensive, yet the most fuel efficient? I never could understand why a relatively small semi ends up being the solution most times.

Andy

Yep have tried a couple of furniture removalists ,,so far the best quote is $4100 . Think i may be going for a drive :((

Will give border express a call tomorrow ,,cheers ,,,I have not tried them as yet

Thought it would be a bit cheaper than that, this resource boom is bringing out the ripoffs. we ship 40kg machines over there every now and then, i never see the bill so bit out of touch there i suppose. my biggest worry is them getting there in one pece. had more than one damaged. Not many shipping companies use there own for trips over there, usually use contractors or private trucks.

ozzie

Why not try asking some of the other kit suppliers and see if they can recommend anyone they use?

Might find a few unapproachable if you didn't get a kit from them, but others probably would be happy to help

Scotty

Guest Andys@coffs

Alternately if you started a new thread something like "calling all truckies" in the general forum and see if you can get some info as to how the subbies find their loads (Im sure I recall reading that disperse was a truckie of long standing..). Is there like a truckies website that list loads available and subbies get to bid for them? If there was maybe you could use the truckies on this forum to get something into that system for you to work out the lowest cost. My gut feel is that the subbies probably arent making much/any more as a result of the boom but the middlemen probably are...

If that doest return something surely theres an Australian truckies forum on the web that you could ask at? (google to the rescue)

Andy