Temora Aerobatics

Guest Fred Bear

Guest Fred Bear

Hello all, thinking possibly of driving down to Temora from Narromine this weekend for the aerobatic championships. Just wondering, has anyone else ever been to this and is there much happening there, ie, do these go all day or just a few hrs. Trying to work out if it is worth the drive down. Looks like on the Sunday they have some sort of qualifying stuff and then do they keep doing aeros all day or what? Appreciate any info anybody can give.

Guest Graham Lea

It is like pistol shooting - watching it is dreary. If you are not in it, it is dreary - at best. Go to Dubbo Zoo for a better thing to do esp if you are with the kids and dragon lady. Overnighting there is great!!

Guest Fred Bear
It is like pistol shooting - watching it is dreary. If you are not in it, it is dreary - at best. Go to Dubbo Zoo for a better thing to do esp if you are with the kids and dragon lady. Overnighting there is great!!

Ha ha ha 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif Dragon Lady! We did that last year. Dragon Lady and the kids will not be with me this time. Just Disperse (Troy). Looks as though we are heading back to Sydney on the Sunday anyways. :)

I've both watched it and competed in it. Personally, I believe it IS worthwhile watching. Look at the more advanced classes for the more spectacular routines, and if you want to learn volunteer to be a penciller for the judges.

Temora is a fantastic place. You can look at the Museum and the people in the town are wonderful.

Guest Fred Bear

I'm not doubting that Mazda. Infact, I have been through there many times in my longhaul days and yes, the people and the town are wonderful. Unfortunately this time time is not on Disperses side. He has to be home to his littlies and 'Dragon Lady' 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif My 'Dragon Lady' was willing to let me go for 5 days if need be. God knows she could do with the break! ;):yin_yan:

The program is online at http://www.aerobaticsaustralia.com.au/start.htm

Practice from early this week up to Friday lunchtime. Practice is usually more hectic than the competition as we don't have to position judges for different categories etc. Qualifying flights for Advanced and Unlimited Friday arvo.

For the spectator, Unlimited and Advanced are definitely worth watching. They'll then fly first up each morning on subsequent days. That's typical of contests so by early arvo when spectators turn up they usually only see the other categories which fly more simple manoeuvres and have a much higher minimum altitude.