Budget priced Hanger Kit? to suit J230?

Lagong

Hi!

I was wondering if any of you know of a Supplier Or Manufacturer

of a reasonably priced Hanger Kit NSW, (Either Temp or Permanent) that will suit a J230? The cheapest that I have been able find so far for a self built Kit Garage type, is $8.3K, (Aircell insulated) but without any doors / tracks - just open at one end. W 12m D 7m H 3.758m (At Peak)

Cheers .... Graham

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Graham,

Are you at Cobar airport or on a property where building codes for sheds don't apply?

I have built a very economic hanger on our property near Guyra NSW (near Armidale for those who don't know the second highest airstrip in Aus. except for Mt Hotham). My hangar for our J230 including doors, is made out of out of hail damaged iron (although you would be pressed to see the damage), box posts from our place, and trusses manufactured here by a Boilermaker mate that has welded trusses since the 70's. Doors are bi-fold verticle and work very well. We have had to strengthen the door latches to overcome some of the storms we get here but the general design is good. If interested I could post some photos and dimensions.

Wal.

Off thread I know, but I always thought that Cabramurra had the highest airstrip in Australia? Cabra was touted as being the highest town in Aust, and I seem to recollect that the airstrip was a bit higher again. I can remember being a passenger in the Snowy Mtns Authority's Pilatus Porter when we dropped in there (they used to do round trips Cooma, Khancoban, Cabra, Talbingo, Cooma once or twice every day, many years ago albeit). Not sure how it lines up against Mt Hotham/ Dinner Plain nowadays though!

Thanks Allan, after my tougue in cheek comment about high altitude airstips, you got me looking up the acuracy of my comment. I appears that we are still both right, Cabramurra has an atitude of 5080 ft, 500 ft above Guyra, but Mt Hotham, that I assumed was high is only 4260 ft, Cooma 2700, Khancoban 960 and Talbingo has closed.

Wal

Ah, Talbingo is closed? I recollect it as a little peninsula, sort of jutted out into the lake - water at both ends! I was there one day (again as a pax) when the Porter did a Go-Around, after aquaplaning (of sorts) on the grass!