Hello Everyone!

Guest Katz

Hi,

My name is karthi, and am from India. I have had a few hours of expierence in both trikes and 3-axis microlights, and planning to pursue training on trikes!

katz

Thanks guys!

Thanks guys..... searching the net for good information on microlights seems to be tough.. most sites are commercial sites. This is the first site with a good and active forum that I have come across! Hoping to learn some thing....

Katz

Katz, Doug. welcome to you both. If you can't find what you want on this forum, you must be from another planet.:) Enjoy your training, enjoy your flying and enjoy the company of others who also fly. Well, most of us do.

Cheers, another Doug.

Hello Sunny,

There are not many opportunities for recreational flying in India.... too much red tape! My papers are currently being processed by the directorate or civil aviation, for the clearence to purchase an aircraft! Waiting to get it through.

Karthi

when your weight of paperwork=takeoff weight, you are ready for take off. looks like things hav'nt changed much in civil aviation as yet. with so much privitisation happening in India there may be hope in few years perhaps. so what sort plane you planning to buy. are there any flying schools/clubs that hire planes to pilots in southern India

Hi Sunny,

The closest schools from where I live is either Bangalore or Chennai! both about 350 to 400 Kms away! Both the flying schools which teach GA have not had an instructor for the last couple of years!!! because every pilot is being sucked out by the airline companies!!! There is a microlight training school in Mysore, but they teach only on the X-Air, 3-axis planes! Somehow I am completly drawn to the trikes, ever since i had a few flights in them.... Now my only way is to actually buy an aircraft and get trained!!! Tough luck... huh!

Katz