Transponder Calibration

PaulN

It's time (overtime) to have my Microair transponder biannual calibration check-up.

Can anyone suggest someone who can do this that's within cooee of Cooma? From my research, I can find only Regional Aviation Services at Wagga who want the CT for 3 hrs and charge $340 for the pleasure.

(Imagine if we all have to fit ADS-B ;))

Thanks in advance,

Paul

• 2 months later...

Capital Aircraft Services at Albion Park Regional Airport, just south of Wollongong.

Do they need to have the txpndr/encoder actually in the a/c to calibrate? If not, haul the units out, post them off and job's done.

I'm onto it Dieselten. Have been talking with Dave at CAS and am to arrange to drop in there next time I'm flying north. He sounds very obliging and doesn't want to charge an arm and leg, he reckons around $100.

Thanks,

Paul

• 1 month later...

On my way to Port Macquarie for the Hastings District Flying Club's 50th anniversary celebrations this weekend I stopped off at YWOL where I met up with Dave Sinclair. He checked the transponder and while at it checked the integrity of my ASI. All is good. Dave and his crew are a nice bunch of people. I recommend him for anyone wanting avionics work, someone you can trust not to rip you off.

Paul