Red Bull 2007

WestCoast

Guest mudjeep

I'm going up tomorrow AND Sunday. Last year I had a hotel room on the 7th floor overlooking the airstrip - it was AWESOME. This year I'll just be on the foreshore.

By this time next year I'll be living permanently at my new place in NSW. I plan to fly my plane (assuming I'm lucky enough to scrape up the cash and build it by then) to Albany, walk the last two weeks of the Bibbulmun Track that I am yet to finish, then head up to Perth for the 2008 Air Race before flying home again.

Exciting times.

Goodonya Westcoast,

I heard there were 100,000 people there today.

I'll be there tomorrow afternoon with the other 300,000+ people expected and fully expect to have a great time. I've just acquired 2 tickets for the grandstand area (a mate can't go and offered me the tickets free. Thanks Pol) but I'm going on my own. I'll have the spare ticket with me if anyone is game to ask me for it. I'll be the overweight 55 year old in the straw hat:)

Cheers,

Pud

What a great event!!

G'day All,

I'm just home from the Red Bull Air Race and watched the last bit on TV as well. I've gotta say the grandstand seat was excellent with an uninterrupted view of the flying circuit and a big screen on the waters edge directly in front but below the field of vision. A superb afternoon of exciting racing; those guys certainly know how to have fun coming through the start gate at a tad under 400kms per hour and pulling close to 10gs at times.

Well worth the effort if you can spare the time next year. I believe it will be coming to Perth until 2011 so I'm happy about that.

Cheers,

Pud.