Great Eastern Fly In, Evans Head

eastmeg2

Hi All,

Is anyone else planning to fly to Evans Head for the Great Eastern Fly-In 28th-31st Dec?

Am looking for any other 60kt machines that might be planninng to fly there from the Sydney surrounds, starting coastal from between Moruya-Taree or inland around Goulburn, Cootamundra etc . . .

Cheers,

Glen

Not Sure Yet

Hi Glen,

I'm thinking about going, 50%, but I cruise at 80Kts. Although 60Kts would reduce my fuel consumption down to around 8 l/hr.

Were you planning to stay coastal?

[ATTACH]4353.vB[/ATTACH]

Looks like around 350nm and 6hrs (@60Kts) from The Oaks.

Cheers,

Peter

EvansHead.jpg.38cddc4ff2660a3dc3bde4cae61810c0.jpg

Hi Peter,

Staying coastal is looking more and more likely as it looks as though I'll be towing my trike to a friends property near Taree and flying with 2 slower trikes from there, with a stop at friend of theirs place at Nambucca heads, possibly another at Grafton for the other trikes to refuel.

I wouldn't aska Sapphire to slow down to 60kts, we get a couple on the annual fly away each year and they look like a very tidy little single seater - 447 or 503 and am suprised I have not heard of any with an HKS yet.

Cheers,

Glen

Hi Glen,

we may have a lightwing going, doing 60Kts. I'd be planning to spend the day flying up, no point in rushing.

You stopping at South Grafton? If the headwinds are strong we'd probably consider that as well.

I've only seen sapphires with Rotax's. I guess they go with what's known to work.

Cheers,

Peter

• 1 month later...

Did anyone actually make it to Evans Head?

I departed a private strip near Taree in the Afternoon on Thursday 27th Dec with 3 other trikes.

After a landing at Kempsey Airport to regroup we flew to a private farm paddocck strip 10 miles to the north and stayed in the hut there for the night.

We Rose early and it rained at 5am.

I think that after everyone had been downloading the weather charts on their phones the night before we all decided it was not such a good idea to continue North.

So we BRAVELY turned tail and fled the weather Southbound coastal, landing at Camden Haven and then Old Bar before returning to the Private Strip near Taree.

I have just spent the last 8 days flying every day around Taree, Old Bar and Foster.:big_grin:

Guest Crezzi

Glad to hear you got so much flying in - my trike hasn't moved since before Xmas and even the back-up plan of getting to Evans by Tecnam wasn't feasible :-(

John

Guest peterf

Not Me

Hi Glen,

the weather wasn't looking good so I gave it a miss :-(

Sounds like you got plenty of flying anyway.

Cheers,

Peter