THRUSTER TST WING SKINS WANTED

Guest kcrompton

Guest kcrompton

I INSTRUCT IN A T600 SPRINT BUT KEEP A TST FOR PURE FUN WHEN I GET TIME TO FLY BY MYSELF. THE TST SKINS PASS THE BETTS TEST IN ALL THE AREAS WHERE COLOURED DACRON IS USED BUT ARE MARGINAL IN ALL THE WHITE DACRON AREAS.

HAS ANYONE ANY EXPERIENCE OF LAQUERING DACRON TO IMPROVE STRENGTH OR IS THIS RHUMOUR JUST A MYTH? IN ANY EVENT I AM LOOKING FOR A GOOD SET OF DACRON WING SKINS FOR A TST . ANYONE WISHING TO SELL WING SKINS OR KNOWS OF THE LOCATION OF A GOOD SET ?

CHEERS KEN CROMPTON (NORTHERN IRELAND) TEL 02891462728

Guest TOSGcentral

Hi Ken,

Vorticy is on the money - for Oz anyway. Wayne has the patterns and makes skins for TOSG. He also has a web site where you can design your colour scheme for the order.

If you use Wayne then ensure that you tell him you have an original model TST. This is important as for about 5 months in early 1988, in Oz, the first T300s to come out were also called TSTs and have entirely different wing skins (Tip profile and batten count). TOSG has designated that batch as 'TST L" to try and reduce confusion.

I have not heard of lacquer returning (or preserving) fabric strength. The closest I can come is the use of ArmorAll. This has some anti UV assistance (not much) but mainly 'glosses' the skin making the aircraft perform much better and be easier to clean.

Aye

Tony

Guest kcrompton

TST WINGG SKINS

THANKS TONY. I THOUGHT THE LAQUER IDEA SOUNDED A LITTLE FAR FETCHED.

SKINS TEND TO LAST ABOUT 8 YEARS IN THE NORTHERN IRISH CLIMATE AND NO ONE HERE SEEMS TO BE ABLE TO MAKE THEM SO I SUSPECT THAT SPECTRUM AVIATION MAY WELL GET A FEW MORE ENQUIRIES THAN JUST MINE.

CHEERS KEN

Guest TOSGcentral

No Probs Ken,

I do not know of any UK supplier. The UK factory skins were all made in Oz by Kev Mitchell (including the Ultralam). Kev has now retired so I do not know what is happening.

You could put an enquiry on the UK Thruster Club forum and Mark Jones of Galaxy Microlights will probably respond - he seems to be the UK Thruster guru.

You should get a good deal ordering direct and avoiding the factory mark-up plus the exchange rate is very favourable at the moment.

Aye

Tony

Ken, I bought a new set of skins from Wayne Fisher late last year. I could not be happier with his product. He is extreemely easy to deal with and the price is certainly on the low side of what I expected to pay. Regards, Don.