DP for 760Kg

jcamp

At Last! It's already up on pprune too - so we can expect to be able to gauge the opposition by watching that thread.

The 'migration' of lots of C150's and 152's over to RAA might have a dampening effect on the skyrocketing prices of the under 600kg makes/models. It will certainly give RAA flight schools a lower cost option for the HP grouping....although you could hardly class an old 150 as HP?

happy days,

happy days,

Guest pelorus32

This is where RAAus can either succeed with 760kg or fail entirely dependent on the lethargy or otherwise of its members. There is substantial opposition to this move in some quarters.

The SAAA, for instance, whilst publicly supporting this move are divided with many elements vocally opposing it. However their membership is smaller than RAAus so the numbers should rest with RAAus - unless of course RAAus members can't be bothered responding.

Regards

Mike

Comment submitted. :thumb_up:Now, all we need is another 7,999 members to submit one!

Ben

I am wondering, realistically, how many of us can comment on the 760kg proposal. My understanding is very, very limited in these matters. I do not have my license yet and have difficulty understanding many of the rules and regulations. So, what comment(s) should I submit that would make a modicum of sense?

Why does the term 're-inventing the wheel' come to mind ?

Because we are dealing with a government department made of public servants who do not know their aviation, as well as other organisations that may feel under threat by what could be seen as common sense.

If you click on the CASA link and have a read of it, as well as clicking on the RAA site you will quickly understand that it would be a benefit to aviation, and a perceived threat to other organisations.

Ben

760kg is a bit of an arbitary number I think.

According to RA-Aus, the maximum stalling speed in landing configuration is 45knots and that will be the governing rule for weight limit and 760kg just becomes a maximum limit.

Having not flown a C150 for more than 10 years I cant remember where it stalls.

Will it actually fit the category given the stall speeds?

Guest basscheffers
Having not flown a C150 for more than 10 years I cant remember where it stalls. Will it actually fit the category given the stall speeds?

42 knots according to Wikipedia and that is before the installation of any STOL kits! (43 for the 152)

I quite like the look of the Tomahawk. Unfortunately, that is listed to stall at 46 knots. However, STOL kits in the form of new wing tips should bring it in line - if that would be allowed.

If you read the DP there is an option 3a which incorporates those aircraft certificated to CAR 3/FAR 23. This allows for the 152, Tomahawk and Skipper. No need to modify anything under this scenario.

• 2 weeks later...

I put my hand up, did my bit and had my say :thumb_up:-- shows we are interested, more names from R.A.Aus the better. Wonderful, :welcome:idea is the increase to 760kg mass.

Had a look on the forum "having a lunch brake?" took me a while to trig you fellows down there are on daylight saving time. I am having a late :pig:smoko Qld time.

Keith Page.