Another Lightwing driver

Guest Maj Millard

Guest Maj Millard

Hi Ross Millard here, I own and fly Gr-55 LW 25-3370 (2000 model heliview with optional 2 stage flaps). I have flown probabily six or seven different LWs including the first factory production one (reg 037 I think- it was the one that flew coast to coast with a couple of Flightstars) and also have time in the GA model. The flaps on my standard wing sure make for a nice stable approach and a more controlled touchdown with little or no float. Also ferried a Sport 2000 fom Ballina to N qld, and it was a bit of a bitch to land nice everytime. Also definitly 2-3 Knots slower in cruise with the nose gear vs the smaller tailwheel. Get back to me if you want to talk LW anytime Cheers Ross. 024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif

G'Day Ross, just wondering what a Gr-55 model is?

I've flown an LW-1 (early box body version with a 532 Rotax), a GR-582 (also two stroke) and a GR-912 (with the four stroke).

I've never had a chance to fly a GA-55 (single strut wing, originally VW powered), or any of the GR models modified with Jabiru motors.

Your avatar depicts a GR-912HV (heli-view), is that your LightWing?

Arthur.

Guest Maj Millard

Hi Arthur, I believe the GR is just the model designation. I think the R is for Rotax powered. No that is not my LW in the picture, but I have one that is almost identical, it is also a GR-912 HV. I will post a photo of mine when I get the time. Cheers. 024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif