just landed

gordon cofield

hi all sorry taken a while to post JUST LANDED first lesson 06 at COROWA with instructer STEVE .COROWA is on is a beut town about 7000 persons on the banks of the murray river , has a great airport 2 large runways built during the war years, popular for gliding nov/jan otherwise few microlites few private planes somedays have all to yourself. wangaratta yarrawonga tocumal etc all a short flite away.Early lessons in a Tecnam solo at 25 hwrs took a while but then wont see 60 again obtained cross country end. 08.currently studying human factor .purchased 2nd hand GAZELLE 08 REG 3309 some of you may have flown it ,why a Gazelle ? why 2nd hand wanted an aircraft not paticulaly fast but robust,wanted to learn at own pace.they arnt buit for comfort ,can be cold sometimes rough.but love it anyway.Come to Corowa /give me a call.I find the Forum very informitave thanks to you all gained some very useful info. motor was out to repair rear seal Lame was agast at engine mount particularly welding 1 new mount in very big dent in wallet all good.think mount maybe 1 of those things you check but do you really see if problem developing . over time intend to TIDY UP GAZELLE plug a few holes etc keep on top of maintaince . Next step gadually fly further a field Enough for now FLY SAFE I have GAZELLE FLIGHT MANUAL about 40 pages specis etc think some members may require copy????:thumb_up:

Hi Gordon

I have had my Gazelle for five years now and just love the aeroplane it has never let me down and is easy to get in and out of tight fields. I hope you get just as much fun out of yours

Cheers

John

Guest brentc

3309, is that the yellow one from East of Melb? If so then I have a few hours in her. The previous owner now has a Eurofox. It was originally coverted from GA I believe shortly before or after it arrived at Point Cook's Oasis Aviation when the late Damien Syndell was in charge. I can't remember the GA rego, but I think it started with an "I" (it might be on a data plate on the left wing root in the cockpit if it's still there).

The repair behind the passenger seat on the bottom outer skin was when my ersa fell through from the rear parcel shelf (oops!) It was missing an AH from memory as I think the vibrations got to it over time, however it may have been later replaced.

It was also operating a warp drive prop when I last saw it and was being towed around on a large trailer.

Just wondering what sort of hours you expect to get out of a Skyfox/Gazelle airframe...I think they are the most beautiful aircraft but they seemed to have a few problems a few years ago...didn't the GA versions have a hour limit placed on the wing of only 1000 hours or so at one stage?

spot on did purchase from guy at Officer he had on trailer now has Eurofex. reg. markings 243309 not shure about g.a. vhigp?? will have look for plate(oops) yes can see how ersa could cause damage been telling all patch is over bullet holes. AH wasnt working prev owner said spent 700$ on same met guy at corowa with time on his hands $100 for parts he woudnt take anthing for his time all good. Had much needed rain here fri.sat sun.but no good to fly think having withdrawels

Hi Dexter in 83 Uptons were big in irrigation Auther died some time back business closed in Corowa think son took it to toowomba ,son & his sons now back in corowa installing big irrigation all over country,my dad woked for uptons on a dairy & winery I woked for them also on tobacco at 14 or so .Garry Poidevin is still Mayor I think he does a great job.Pilot cert. in new plane yes agree that stressfull.didnt think i could master toe brakes learnt in technam with hand brake.3520 is a lit of hours thats 440 days did you purchase new ?over how many years? mines done about 1800hwrs of those ive done abot 90 so by comparison still a novis.much needed rain here over weekend so no flying CHEERS

Hi John still much to learn ,raining & windy so no flying over weekend done 90 enjoyable hours .Gazelle done about 1800 on engine meter,yet to do long leg mainly local, country will green up after this rain so the view will improve Have you flown lot of hours in Gazelle? cheers

HI RE . Gazelle Airframe Hours ? Dexter has 3520 hours on his on "condition". at moment think wing 4000hwrs I woude hope to achive similar think hangerage certainly preserves airframe i hope can fly say 90hwrs /yearly so think Ill wear out first. Forum mentions some minor problems for me nothing spesific comes to mind except can be bit chilly coming ioto our winter perhaps should fly nth. CHEERS

Guest brentc

Gordon, If you're looking for maintenance items, check the nylon bearings on the aileron shaft at the turtle deck as I recall there being a fair bit of slack on 3309. These need to be a gapless fit and smooth operating as this will limit the up and down force on the inner-most timber aileron hangar when you use the ailerons.

Hi Gordon

Have done just over 600 hrs on my Gazelle now this year however has been a bit lean . We have had a lot of rain this year and as I share my strip with cattle they have chopped up the strip to a unservicale condition many times. Winter is just around the corner which normally means great weather in Central Qld looking forward to catching up on some flying. Agree with Brentc keep an eye on those aileron bushers they should have a max of one mil play. They are easy to replace though.

Regards

John

HI 50 hws .since nov.if all for pleasure thats not bad ,country just starting to green up here next time i fly it should look great couple weeks ago looked like a desert. knew Ray quit well as a young feller i had a reason to hang about his place he used to put the wind up me .M ILITARY memorability .(DADS ARMY) these guys have a ball at corowa the main display and swap meet is at the airport .I leese a hanger adjacent to the diplay which has bren gun carrier track as a drain cover just inside the door about 20 metres long .opened the hanger door whilst swap meet was on within 2 minutes guy was wanting to do deal on track .If your interested in military vehicles etc then you would enjoy it also is very good military museum at bandianna about 25minutes away. some years the theme is tracked vehicles sometimes amphibeos .CHEERS for now

Hi JOHN this country is amazing some places to much rain others in drought as of rain on weekend things look a bit brighter "good start to season " also snow on the mountains ,they say with lake eyre filling increases prospect for average rain in the south .Thank for tip on bushes will certainly have another look I know little of Gazelle history what years manufactured .how many man. how many registered??any idea?? CHEERS GORDON