Up-Date on the ‘Flash’.

Guest TOSGcentral

Guest TOSGcentral

For the interest of TOSG members and others who have expressed interest – it appears that my seven year effort to locate and secure the Flash has come to fruition and I now appear to have got the aircraft and its trailer at the price that I wanted.

The Flash is an experimental two seat Thruster and is the last of my ‘Thruster X Files’ to be tidied up.

Once I have it I will be requesting RAAus to block the aircraft’s master file so that it cannot be turned loose again in it’s present configuration, although I have no intention of releasing it once I have it. It will be going into a flying museum.

Meantime I will do a full survey and renovation on the aircraft and have it re-registered in 19 series rego. It will never be used in a flying school but TOSG members at least will be able to have a fly in it for their interest.

Note that I will be on a 1300 km round trip to get it and will be away the coming Monday and Tuesday in all probability. If you have any outstanding questions or parts enquiries then please get them in over the weekend or towards the end of next week.

Please remember that I am usually in bed by 7.00 pm and no longer use a fax. However I can normally take enquiries from 5.00 am onwards.

Aye

Tony

Guest TOSGcentral

Got It!

As of yesterday (actually 3.15 am this morning when I got back) I am now the happy owner of the ‘Flash’ – signed, sealed, fetched and now sitting in my back yard!

Getting it was not a good trip! It poured with rain all the way back from Rockhampton making it a very slow trip indeed. But all done now!

What did not help was the five hours hard slog needed to get the trailer legal and ‘airworthy’. That worked out OK (eventually) and it towed like a dream. The duplicated earth system put in kept the electrics going nicely as well

I now have an embarrassing number of trailers (four) so I will be either selling one shortly or putting one of them with the T500 that I have at Watts for sale.

Aye

Tony

Guest TOSGcentral

Hi Win,

15k but you could talk me into 14.5k

The 500 is not some showy 'show puppy'. But it is a very solid prospect and the main point I suppose that is fully flyable for demonstration with myself.

I have been right through this aircraft from end to end. The control circuit has been almost entirely re-built and re-bushed. The performance is remarkable for any Thruster - which can be demonstrated, not just quacked about.

I will also throw in a few hours dual Thruster familiarisation flying in it for the lucky buyer.

BUT - while I am quite happy to fly people in it - I am NOT going to lay on 3 hours each for 20 tyre kickers! I am not short of flying hours and stopped collecting those a long time ago.

Aye

Tony