Wings- BBC TV series

Does anyone remember the BBC Television series "Wings"...It was about a group of pilots in WWI flying Be-2 aircraft in the early part of the war...It was years ago but I remember it as a wonderful show...It is a shame but it seems that it is not available on DVD.

On another note I have just ordered a movie called "Cloud Dancer" from the States...This was a great but mostly unknown movie starring David Caradine as a competition aerobatic pilot who had a brother with Downs Syndrome and and another young pilot who became his protoge...I have just ordered it from the States.

I just found 42 seconds of footage of the show on Youtube...Please Blarti don't remove this one due to copyright...it is not available anywhere...the more people who see a little of it the more pressure may be bought to bring it back from the archive it is in at BBC...lol...Apparently efforts are underway to get the only two series made released on DVD...They used a lot of models and had a real Farman, Be-2 and a few others as well...It was bloody brilliant...

Guest ozzie

I remember the series 'Wings' it is also a book.

Cloud Dancer has some great flying in it as well.

About the same time there was a series on the Wright Bros as well. Shame we don't see re runs of these on telly