Jump to content
  • entries
    15
  • comments
    14
  • views
    1,060

14. Section 44

Sign in to follow this  
danny_galaga

83 views

I had a hell of a time setting up the throttle arms. This was part of my tantrum in the previous post!

 

But basically you can avoid a lot of time and stress by being really careful fitting the armrest plates. I didn't make them conform closely enough to the curve and they sat a millimetre or two off the armrest. The problem there is that the throttle arms have a bend in them and there isn't much leeway for error. Where the arm bends, it rubs on the plate, causing way too much friction. I ended up drilling out the rivets (TWICE on the left hand arm!) . I filled the holes up with epoxy putty and redrilled. I took care to push the plates as hard as I could. But what I also did is redrilled with a smaller drill bit. Through the hole in the plate but as low as I could. Therefore when I drill that hole the correct size, the hole is maybe a millimetre lower. That helped pull the plate just a smidge lower again. 

 

Pic shows how far the plate was off when I first attached it. 

53646181_649952715457665_6245997426189008896_n.jpg

Sign in to follow this  


0 Comments


Recommended Comments

There are no comments to display.

Guest
You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Add a comment...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×