New Recruit

Guest Maca1926

Guest Maca1926

Hi All,

Whilst I have been flying since 2002 this is my first post on this site. My flying has been out of the Oaks in Lightwings and Jabirus. I am a member of RAA and hold a current Pilot Certificate but with not a lot of hours. I live at Cattai and was hoping to contact flyers who are into Microlights in my area with the view to gaining a weightshift endorsement, flying locally and may be purchasing my own trike or similar.

Look forward to hearing from anyone who might be able to help.

Cheers

Maca

Hi All,Whilst I have been flying since 2002 this is my first post on this site. My flying has been out of the Oaks in Lightwings and Jabirus. I am a member of RAA and hold a current Pilot Certificate but with not a lot of hours. I live at Cattai and was hoping to contact flyers who are into Microlights in my area with the view to gaining a weightshift endorsement, flying locally and may be purchasing my own trike or similar.

Look forward to hearing from anyone who might be able to help.

Cheers

Maca

:welcome:Maca1926.

1926, does that mean you are 84 and even older than me:big_grin:? Probably not, but all are very welcome here anyway.

I don't get out to The Oaks as often as i'd like due to other commitments, but hope to catch up with you sometime to say G'day.

Next time you're out there, ask if Sonny the Drifter Driver is around? he's a real nice bloke and has a Fisher Mk1 as well as a trike out there, or, used to, and i'm sure he'd point you in the right direction.

Kind Regards

Planey

Guest Wigg

Maca1926 Welcome to the forums , hope to see you on here often. A really great group of people & a wealth of knowledge. Cheers John

Guest Maca1926

Thanks for the welcome Planey. I am 59, the 1926 was the sail number on a skiff I used to sail with my son, it just sort of stuck in my mind. I think I have seen Sonny and his Drifter at the Oaks but not for some time. There are a number of microlights and aeroshutes flying out of paddocks around Pittown, I would like to find out more about them.

Might see you round

Cheers

Maca

Maca, while I've never been there, I hear a lot of microlights flying out of Somersby on the radio (um.., well, they're not flying on the radio - I hear them on the radio. You know what I mean... 031_loopy.gif.e6c12871a67563904dadc7a0d20945bf.gif ). All that aside, they might be worth a visit, or someone here may be able to tell you more about the folk there.