A Big Gap

MartyB

Hi all. This looks like the site for me. I learned to fly at age 17, got my unrestricted PPL, got married, had kids, bit of this and that and whoosh, I'm 53! Anyway, I was up at Bright the other week and saw the flyer for the local Trike Microlight School. Seems like an affordable way to have some fun so I started looking at various websites and just found this one. Time to do some reading and research now. Looking forward to exploring the site and getting some advice.

Martin

Welcome Marty, lots of us in a similar postion, having come back to flying when we discovered RA Aus or similar. Enjoy trawling through the information here and don't be shy about asking questions - someone has almost always faced a similar situation before and they're a pretty friendly crew.

Howdy Marty,

I have flown to Porepunkah and Mt Beauty (a great flight from Tonny!) but not Bright. Didn't know there was a strip/school there.

If you drop in to Peter and Anne McLean at Yarra they are full bottles on trikes. (mate just bought a beauty through them and very affordable)

Keep us informed of your progress.

Regards,

Mark D

Welcome Marty,

You've certainly found the best site without a doubt.

Once that old flying bug gets you, it's normally there for keeps.

Unless you like the wind in your face, I don't think you'll find there's too much difference in cost between flying trikes or light sport RAA aircraft.

Keep us posted.

Regards

Planey

Hi Martin

Welcome "young fella" :big_grin:

Great site, great people great info

As Planey says, probably not a lot of cost difference between trike or RAA 3 axis, and we get on fine together ;).

If you have already been down the PPL road, trikes may just give you the difference to

make it more interesting. Bit like a motor bike and a mini I suppose

Hi MartinWelcome "young fella" :big_grin:

Great site, great people great info

As Planey says, probably not a lot of cost difference between trike or RAA 3 axis, and we get on fine together ;).

If you have already been down the PPL road, trikes may just give you the difference to

make it more interesting. Bit like a motor bike and a mini I suppose

And at your age, you may already possess experience in a Mini question.gif.c2f6860684cbd9834a97934921df4bcb.gif025_blush.gif.9304aaf8465a2b6ab5171f41c5565775.gif

Thank you all for the warm welcome. Minis and Motorbikes - drove a mini in my youth and fell off a Motorbike in my second youth. Flying much safer me thinks.

Welcome Martin,

I raced a mini cooper S, Raced Motorbikes in my youth now with a bit of age I realized that it's not a race. That's why I fly a Drifter, Enjoy the ride and enjoy the site mate.

Monty