FAA Defect Report Search

Afternoon all,

Does anyone know where I can find FAA defect reports for a certain aircraft make? Steve Bell (RA-Aus Tech Manager) has requested that I give him the aircraft details, defect reports and how many flying in the USA with estimated hours in order for him to approve the build.

I know that there's 4 aircraft registered and airworthy under the FAA 'N' number registration, although there seems to be a lot more of them flying after taking a look on Youtube. 091_help.gif.c9d9d46309e7eda87084010b3a256229.gif

Regards,

Andrew

Hi John,

Looks like it has a lot of information in it regarding what I'm after but I can't seem to find the aircraft model that I want in their database. Does this cover Americas sport aviation sector?

-Andrew

Guest Crezzi

There are certainly reports about LSA in some of the databases but I've no idea how comprehensive it is - sorry !

If its an FAR103 type craft you are interested in then I doubt there would be any trace in the FAA databases since they aren't considered as aircraft

Guest ozzie

The Affordaplane is built to the 254lb rule of FAR103 i doubt very much if the FAA would have any thing on it as far as directives go.

you could try www.affordaplane.com or see if you can get onto the forums at

www.oshkosh365.org or do a yahoo group search for it. there are quite a few of these flying in the US.

ozzie

Hi Ozzie,

Yes that's correct, in the end I just wrote in my report that I couldn't find anything & I'm sure he wouldn't accept anything from a Yahoo group anyway, would have to be from the FAA.

Thanks for your help everyone

-Andrew

Folks,

Aircraft in this cat. are not aircraft, as far as FAA is concerned, but aerial vehicles, more or less the same as 95.10.

Major defect reporting legally only applies to normally certificated aircraft.

Assuming this aircraft is to go into an Experimental cat., you do NOT have to produce any justification history for the aircraft, that all went out the window in 1998.

You are solely responsible for the "airworthiness" of the aircraft, the Level 2 or whoever completes the inspection and paperwork is NOT certifying the aircraft is airworthy.

Regards,