Finally signed up...

Yoda65

Hi guys... finnally got the fingers typing and joined your group. Im known as Yoda in the hang gliding circles. flying experience is over 3000hrs hang gliding (one of 3 founding members of Dalby Hang Gliding Club... only club based aero-tow operation in the world... check it out along with nice video I made last year at Home Page), approx 1000hrs fixed wing gliding and fairly new to ultralight flying having gained most endorsments last year... high/low performance, tail/nose wheel, xc, pax etc... just sold my Quicksilver GT500 and looking to build a Savannah XL or Just Aircraft Highlander as I have a 190m one way strip with 7 degree slope.

Look forward to hearing from some of you... and hope you guys have some comment on type of aircraft best for me... maybe you know of a good machine for sale??

Cheers,

Yoda:wave:

Hey G'day Yoda! Great to see you :thumb_up:

And yes I'm Tom who told you about this place :big_grin: Hope you like it.

Got in there today and had a quick fly in the Jab - I know, a stupid thing to do in this weather... but it was quite nice once in the air, the 18-22kt gusting wind on the ground kept you on the toes, but it was good.

Hopefully some other hang glider and glider pilots will show themselves soon.

Btw, I've been looking at those Highlander aircraft also... the more I look the more I like! I reckon they are a pretty nice machine - can't wait to see one in the flesh.

Take care

Thanks Tomo... are you heading up to Monto?... suppose there is a thread on here re the fly in.Yodes

Yep, should be heading up on saturday - just for the day. Not sure what in yet, was gonna see if Selwyn will lend me the keys to the Lightning... (just gotta get in before smokey! 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif )

You going?

Here is the link to the thread about it.

And you may be interested in this one

Yoda, I haven't really an aircraft issue, I can always take the Jab... just if I can take the Lightning... something to cut down airtime so I can make the most use of the day up there would be good, and doing it in style - can't complain about that!

I'll let you know if I can't find anyone to fill the co-pilot seat (pretty high chance I will though, cause there is usually an argument who's coming!)

Kevin should let you use your old GT .... ;)

heading out to Dalby then Tara tomorrow for a bit of flying fun... hoping to get some Savage Cub time and maybe Drifter and Trike if there is enough daylight hours.

Going to meet Savannah dude at gatton this Sunday fly in breaky thing.

Hope to catch you at Monto

Yodes