BudgetTraining-Great countryside.

Guest Juliette Lima

Guest Juliette Lima

Hi potential new pilots or existing ones requiring refresher training.

I've just been speaking to Trevor Bange, Darling Downs Qld. Recreational Flying club, about taking a holiday in delightful Warwick Qld. and simultaneously incorporating some refresher training from a very skilled instructor.

The club training rates are.... Drifter, $75.00 +GST Jabiru 160, $85+GST.

Clearly this is a non-profit operation. The airfield is near the small town of Clifton, halfway between Toowomba and Warwick, and the surrounding countryside is very outlanding friendly.

For Information

JL

Guest Juliette Lima

Hi Bob,

The figures quoted include instruction and are a club rate, which presumes membership is a necessity.

sorry, don't know joining fee, but it still would be economical for folk in the region

JL

That's a fantastic rate. I recently did a lesson in a Drifter in NT and the rate there was $140.

When I was learning in a Gazelle the rate was $145 dual (which I thought was quite good for any aircraft). Must move myself to QLD where the flyin' is cheaper.

Bob

• 6 months later...

Guys- I hate to put a damper on things, but the rates listed above are solo rates for members.

The training rates at Clifton for drifter is $110 p/h dual and about $130 p/h for J160, which is still great in my book.

Trevor is a fantastic instructor and the area is one of the best for drifter-ing!

Guest David C
i was down at the oaks "Dave's Flying school" jab 160 is $125 dual ;)

Mate sorry to have to correct you , but Dave operates the Jab LSA55 not the J160,however , his rates are still very cheap at $125 dual ,I think we'll all agree there . ;)

Dave C

Guest disperse

YOU MEAN MY FIRST FLIGHT WAS IN A LSA55 NOT THE FAMOUS J160

dosent matter i wouldnt know the difference. so why were on the subject , what is the difference thanks Troy

Hi Troy,

Never fear, your first flight was in an historical aircraft!

The LSA55 Jab was the start of a long line of Jabiru aircraft, and is a factory built model so eligible for flight training. The J160 came along later, and has the same engine as the 55, but a wider, taller body. The 160 still does the same speed as a 55 even though it's bigger and heavier, but doesn't climb quite so well.