Please help with DAH area frequency puzzle

I'm looking at the Designated Airspace Handbook (DAH) - effective 3 June 2010 published by Airservices. In "Section 13 - Flight Information Areas" the handbook defines the outside perimeter of each area and and in the heading it lists the relevant frequency. eg. The first listed area has frequency 124.2

All good until I came across 118.2C (Section 13 FIA - 1). The area above is listed as 118.2

On page FIA-2 the following frequencies appear: 120.3A, 120.3B, 120.55A

Other frequencies I've found are: 122.1A, 122.1B, 122.1C, 122.1D

and these: 123.95A2, 124.6A1, 123.95B, 118.95A2

How do you dial up frequency 123.95A2 on your radio?

Any help appreciated.

JayKay

I'm looking at the Designated Airspace Handbook (DAH) - effective 3 June 2010 published by Airservices. In "Section 13 - Flight Information Areas" the handbook defines the outside perimeter of each area and and in the heading it lists the relevant frequency. eg. The first listed area has frequency 124.2All good until I came across 118.2C (Section 13 FIA - 1). The area above is listed as 118.2

On page FIA-2 the following frequencies appear: 120.3A, 120.3B, 120.55A

Other frequencies I've found are: 122.1A, 122.1B, 122.1C, 122.1D

and these: 123.95A2, 124.6A1, 123.95B, 118.95A2

How do you dial up frequency 123.95A2 on your radio?

Any help appreciated.

JayKay

Perhaps the main users of the designated airspace handbook are the organisations (and individuals) who produce the VTCs, VNCs, ERC-Ls, GPS data bases, electronic nav systems and so on. DAH provides a 3-monthly update of the exact (3-dimensional) boundaries of CTRs, CTAs, FIAs etc. The vertical boundary of FIAs is from SFC to the lower level of the overlyng CTA, which is likely to be the high level Class A.

These individual CTRs, CTAs, FIAs are identified by a code consisting of the international flight information region code plus a VHF frequency and, where necessary, a sub-sector code i.e A, A1, A2 etc.

DAH is not intended as a ready-use navigation/communication publication so there is not much point in looking at it unless you are into coding electronic nav systems.

John Brandon

Folks,

John Brandon is correct, the Designated Airspace Handbook is not intended for daily use in operations -- it is more an ICAO requirement to produce a detailed (non-chart) description of all national airspace --- from which, amongst other things, charts are constructed.

Stick with the relevant charts from Airservices (or Jepp. if you are predominantly an IFR operation) for VFR operation.

Regards,