J230 Flight Manual

Guest Andys@coffs

Guest Andys@coffs

Does anyone have an electronic (PDF or HTML) version of the J230 Flight manual that I could trouble them for a copy of.

I would have expected that these were available from the jabiru website but that isnt the case.

Is there any reason anyone can think of as to why these arent available electronically?

Regards

Andy

Hi Andy

I would think that the only people that would or could put it up would be the manufacturer because each one is virtually or could be specific to a particular aircraft.

My "Jabiru J160 Owner's Manual" as a 2 ring bound hard cover which was delivered with the aircraft kit has got a Revision number of 0 Dated May 04 (2004 presumably) at the bottom of every page with chapter and page number.

The manual is probably changed by Jabiru if there are any major changes.

Mine has an equipment list that says it has a 3300 motor which I am yet to locate.

Perhaps the other two cylinders fell off on the way from Bundaberg.

When I first flew the older Jab as an AUF student I photocopied the owners manual and discovered that the posted stall speeds for the flap settings were probably in the wrong order.

Regards

Andy

The J230 kit includes an "Owners Manual" which is hard copy ring bound.

That most likely is what you might refer to as a "Flight Manual"

The "Technical Manual" is on CD.

What are you wanting, in particular, and I'll see if I can PM it to you.

Hope that helps.

Geoff

Guest Andys@coffs
AndyThe J230 kit includes an "Owners Manual" which is hard copy ring bound.

That most likely is what you might refer to as a "Flight Manual"

The "Technical Manual" is on CD.

What are you wanting, in particular, and I'll see if I can PM it to you.

Hope that helps.

Geoff

Geoff

I'm thinking of buying a 2nd hand J230 and was wanting to study the flight / owners manual so as to be a bit more informed beyond the basic specs /performance that jabiru have on their website. There was no particular part of the manual that I was looking for, rather I was looking for the whole thing. Good bedside reading for late at night. :<)

Thanks for the offer. By the way what does PM mean? email?

Regards

Andy

Guest Andys@coffs

Geoff

Perhaps you could help me with a technical query. Im interested in the Aileron and elevator controls for the J230. I assume these are dealt with comprehensively in the tech manual. Im looking for potential positions where an AP Servo caould be added to each control and as such am looking for a drawing showing the full path for both controls, and the amount of movemnt of the control for end to end deflections.

Regards

Andy

Andy

Both the ailerons and elevator are driven up & down by push-pull (Bowden) cables.

Servo locations are therefore limited.

Do you have a fax? If so please PM me and I'll send you a copy of a couple of diagrams and control surface deflection specs etc.

If not I'll see what I can send to you by email. Is your email address in your profile? If not please PM it to me.

Will do what I can to send you what you are after.

Regards Geoff

Have a mate with a new J430 who has fitted a wing-leveler autopilot. (will check on the brand for you). He has mounted the servo behind the front passenger seat (RHS) and it connects directly to the bell crank? along with the aileron cables. There's no great fear of it not releasing if you lost power etc as it has a pressure relief system built in. If you force it hard enough it lets go.

You can fit the elevator servo parallel to where the elevator cable joins onto the control column, but on the opposite side. I have seen a servo for elevator fitted inside the centre console.

I would say the only "gotch-ya" with autopilot would be the physical size of the servo for the elevator as there's plenty of room for the aileron one.

Guest Andys@coffs
Have a mate with a new J430 who has fitted a wing-leveler autopilot. (will check on the brand for you). He has mounted the servo behind the front passenger seat (RHS) and it connects directly to the bell crank? along with the aileron cables. There's no great fear of it not releasing if you lost power etc as it has a pressure relief system built in. If you force it hard enough it lets go.You can fit the elevator servo parallel to where the elevator cable joins onto the control column, but on the opposite side. I have seen a servo for elevator fitted inside the centre console.

I would say the only "gotch-ya" with autopilot would be the physical size of the servo for the elevator as there's plenty of room for the aileron one.

Brent

Thanks for that, I was thinking basically the same approach but wasnt sure how much room above the brake master cylinder was available for the servo. That covered the elevator and the back of the seat was a possibility, albeit rather an unsightly one, however the alternate options werent exactly abundant.

The Autopilot series Im considering can be found here http://www.trioavionics.com/index.htm The servos these people make are exactly as you describe with variable force slip clutches included. A much better alternate to the sacrifical pins that used to be used in older servos.

Regards

Andy