Natfly - Temora - Easter - 2010

Pete-the-Pilot

• Mike,Bill,Bob and I fly from Caboolture to Temora for Natfly then return to YCAB via Victor1 past Botany Bay and Sydney then along the NSW coast back home to Queensland, and adventure never to be forgotten. We made the 1250nm round trip in two Jabiru's a J160c and a J170c.

• 1 month later...

Good clip, Pete...

Where did you track from Temora to the Coast?

Was there any difference in cruise revs between the 160 and 170 - to stay together? Some say the 170 is a bit quicker... especially with a load on.

Hi Chris,

Sorry for the delay in replying.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

We tracked direct from Temora to <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:City><st1:place>Wollongong</st1:place></st1:City> -- 2.6Hrs, with an enforced overnight stay in the 'Gong' [rain]--- but I'm glad now it happened as we got to meet the guys from HARS and did a tour of the great work they do.<o:p></o:p>

From the 'Gong' we went via Victor 1 to Camden Haven [Dick Smith's old place] then on to Port Macquarie for fuel and then home to YCAB, total flying time for that day was 6.2Hrs ---- YWOL > YTRE [landed but no fuel available] 2.4Hrs, YTRE > YCMH [land and morning tea with our host and hostess] 0.4Hrs, YCMH > YPMQ [fuel] 0.4Hrs, YPMQ via coastal to YCAB 3.0Hrs.<o:p></o:p>

There was no discernable difference between the 160 and the 170, we were both at our MTOW on each of the legs and the 170 may have half a poofteenth quicker, but there was nothing in it.<o:p></o:p>

Thanks for the invite, my fellow conspirators on that trip to YTEM are just inching for a new adventure, so I will stoke some hot coals under their backsides and let you know what happens, I would love to do a trip to Bathurst and will be in touch soon.<o:p></o:p>

Best regards, Pete. <o:p></o:p>

<o:p> </o:p>