Commercial Operations

Ok just got my copy of the magazine for the month and read the CEO's words on illegal aerobatics. Not gonna say too much there another topic has said a bit about that already. My question was about commercial operations. My understanding, I might be wrong, was that there was no commercial operations involving RAA accept training.

If this is correct how are so many people getting away with doing it. I have seen people advertise ULTRALIGHT FOR HIRE, available for mustering. I have even been able to fly for people when there usual pilots are unavailable. It is something that I have even considered to get some experience. My usual comment is nah mate I don't have low level. The response nearly always is heck half our guys probably havent done a BFR. Another interesting story I heard a guy had been flying round out here for 6 years without doing a BFR ( Done now ).

I am of the opinion if you are going to crack down make it a blanket crack down down just single out one rule and slam it make it acrosss the board.

Sorry its my first rant thought it would be fun to see what replys I got.

Hypocracy is everywhere.

I know of people who were pinged for accepting money for joy flights in the middle of nowhere and see people advertising joy flights for reward, even offering gift certificates for joy flights in front of the whole world.

Have never been a fan of those who hunt soft targets.

One for all.

Mark D