CAO 95.10 Aircraft:- CriCri???

Was just looking at the Raaus site andthe CAO 95.10 in particular and it seems the Cricri woud fall in this catagory. It seems multiple engines, retracts etc is fine along with any comercialy available building material. The aircraft must be no more than 300kg empty weight and the Cricri is only about 70-80kg. Am I interpreting this all wrong?091_help.gif.c9d9d46309e7eda87084010b3a256229.gif

Guest ozzie

I think it is 35kts or mph you'll have to look ity up don't worry me i stall at 19mph. there also may be the twin engine thing as well, i get in thru the i was here before the RAAus rule.

CAO 95.10 continues to provide the only means by which an enthusiastic individual or small group (maximum of four persons — who are not required to have any aeronautical or engineering experience) can design and build a low-cost single-place aeroplane, whether the design is conventional or unconventional, with no restrictions, except that:

• take off weight must not exceed 300 kg

• wing loading must not exceed 30 kg/m² (about 6 lb/ft²)

• a placard must be placed in the cockpit warning that neither the CASA nor RA-Aus guarantee the airworthiness of the aeroplane and pilots operate it at their own risk.

There is no restriction on the flight control system (i.e. three-axis, weight-shift or hybrid), the number of engines, the type of propulsion, the type of propeller system (or even the existence of such — it could be a rocket engine) or type of undercarriage; i.e. it could be retractable. Of course the 300 kg MTOW and maximum 30 kg/m² wing loading tends to limit choices. The provisions of CAO 95.10 are planned to be maintained in CASR Part 103 in a new classification of 'low momentum ultralight aeroplanes'.

Does this still apply?

Folks,

The best way to find out what CAO 95.10 says is to look it up on the CASA web site, which will take less than one minute, and then you will know what it actually says.

http://www.casa.gov.au/wcmswr/_assets/main/download/orders/cao95/9510.pdf

Strangely, it means exactly what it say, no more, no less. CAO 95.10 is the ultimate (very light) true experimental category.

Regards,

Guest ozzie

I went thru this the week before the 3rd June changes. This is the first i have heard of the changes.. don't think i saw any mention of it in the magazine. running late for work this morning and did not scroll to the bottom of the page so did not see the date. maybe big bold print on the top may help dummies like myself.

The regulatory framework enabling RA-Aus operationsThis looks a lot different to the last time i wandered thru it.

No date on it

John Brandon when did this come in? wanna date your work in future please!!

Those who scroll to the footer of The regulatory framework enabling RA-Aus operations will see I updated it to revision 21 on 7 June 2010.

The CAO 95.10 limitations remain as stated. I don't expect any change until CASR part 103 is promulgated.

cheers

John Brandon

Ok.....it seems all I have to do is stretch the wings a little and get the sq meter from 3.2 to 5.7 or keep the all up weight bellow 170 kg and stretch the wings a small amount. Im sure that with a little bit of design work we could get the wing loading down to the required 30 kg sq meter.

Gidday John,Is there a draft of the proposed CASR part 103 by any chance and how long do think it will be before there is an adoption? Or is it "how long is a piece of string" thing?

David

The NPRMs for Parts 103 and 149 closed about September 2007. There was a statement issued late 2008 or early 2009 that Part 103 was in an "advanced state of drafting". As the first work on defining Part 103 commenced (I think) in 1996, i.e. 14 years ago, I would not dare hazard a guess as to when it will be promulgated. I just hope there is no change in CASA directorship in the next 12 months as it might lead to another change in priorities.

John Brandon

Guest Crezzi
Gidday John,Is there a draft of the proposed CASR part 103 by any chance and how long do think it will be before there is an adoption? Or is it "how long is a piece of string" thing?

David

The draft NPRM has long since been taken off the CASA www. I have a copy of the Dec 06 draft though - PM your email if you want a copy for historical purposes.

Cheers

John

Guest ozzie
The NPRMs for Parts 103 and 149 closed about September 2007. There was a statement issued late 2008 or early 2009 that Part 103 was in an "advanced state of drafting". As the first work on defining Part 103 commenced (I think) in 1996, i.e. 14 years ago, I would not dare hazard a guess as to when it will be promulgated. I just hope there is no change in CASA directorship in the next 12 months as it might lead to another change in priorities.John Brandon[/quote

068_angry.gif.cc43c1d4bb0cee77bfbafb87fd434239.gif what a waste of space, time and my money. I really am getting tired of it and i am running out of patience.088_censored.gif.2b71e8da9d295ba8f94b998d0f2420b4.gif088_censored.gif.03b4fab6f26a58d5cdf75ba85c450225.gif088_censored.gif.2b71e8da9d295ba8f94b998d0f2420b4.gif088_censored.gif.03b4fab6f26a58d5cdf75ba85c450225.gif088_censored.gif.2b71e8da9d295ba8f94b998d0f2420b4.gif088_censored.gif.03b4fab6f26a58d5cdf75ba85c450225.gif088_censored.gif.2b71e8da9d295ba8f94b998d0f2420b4.gif

cficare,

That Lockwood looks the same as one we had flying in Australia a while back, "finally" on an Experimental Test and Development Certificate.

It was "testing" a camera mount, and the "test results" were a spectacular I-MAX film of Australia. It must have been one of the longest test schedule ever, with a rather wide test area.

Nothing like a bit of lateral thinking after CASA said No!

Regards,