Piper235b & Jabiru LSA

piper235b

Hi Guys & Gals,

Thought I'd better say G'day as you'll see me post a few things in the months ahead.

I fly a syndicated 1967 Piper Cherokee 235B which operates from Mittagong NSW, a lovely classic old aeroplane, a great load lifter and a good touring aeroplane. Best trip so far:- Lake Eyre & the Channel Country last year. Lake Eyre was great but the Channel Country was sensational. Have strong ties to Toowoomba Qld, and enjoy flying around there as well.

Recently I bought a wreck, a very early model Jabiru LSA which needs a lot of work but I'm confident it will fly again. It had an engine failure on take off after 358 hrs on a new 2200 engine; the bolts holding the rear cyclinders snapped. I'm looking forward to learning how to use my feet again when it flies (and to not burning 53L Hr).

Cheers

Chris

Gooday

:welcome:Gooday Chris

Hope all goes well building the jab. There are a good old plane what is its frame number?

What was its rego no ?

This is a good forum heaps of good guys

catch up soon

Yours in flying

Mick 011_clap.gif.c796ec930025ef6b94efb6b089d30b16.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Chris and welcome.

I'm really interested in the 235's. They got a great wrap in the last Australian Flying Mag. I've got a 140 which is fine, but no hope of getting anyone in the back seat with 2 up front and full fuel, not to mention a bag or 2. But the 235 can get away with full tanks, me, the missus and our 3 junior pilots!

Seems like a good combination to have use of the 235 for family getaways, and the jab for your own flying fun.

Cheers

Richo

Thanks

Thanks for the warm welcome.

Re question on serial No's

The 235B is first plane manufactured in the 1967 model year run, serial No 28-11000, brought out to Aus brand new and entered onto the Aus GA register Jan 1968. It's an early version of the Dakota; quite a few little differences between them but the major changes were a new wing platform and longer fusealge for the Dakota.

The Jab is a very early model ST, serial No 0001, the first Jab to be VH registered. Later changed to RAA reg as a Jab LSA 55/2j

Cheers

Chris