New to the forum

MFlyer

Greetings all,

Just finally getting my info posted for the first time here.

I am a private pilot and A&P residing in Ohio, USA and enjoying the freedom of LSA and experimental aircraft building and flying.

I have been building a Zenith 601XL for the last 10 years, on and off.

I am currently restoring an older RANS S6ES Coyote II to the latest changes where possible, upgrading brakes, structures, wiring, skins, interior and rebuilding the engine. I hope to have it flying again in about 2 months.

The Zodiac is of course another story. When the aircraft was effectively grounded for its structure problems I decided to stop work on it until the changes were in place from the factory and many aircraft had completed flying for maybe 100 hours or so. It seems they are past the headaches of all that so I may tear down my wings and fuselage and start again with the changes required. I was just rigging the aircraft and ready to pick an engine and instruments when all this happened. Sure hate to have to backtrack but seems there is no option for this one.

Guest davidh10

098_welcome.gif.81ff07d492568199326e4f64f78d7bc6.gif MFlyer.

I have to admire anyone who spends many years on a project of any kind. Sounds like a real labour of love :)

I hope you will find these forums useful, as I have. By the sound of things you should also be able to contribute from your building knowledge.

There's certainly lots of friendly and knowledgeable members here.

Welcome to our forums MFlyer,

It's great to hear from you.

It was interesting to read your post, but remember-----a slow job takes a long time:laugh:

Never the less, stick with it my friend, you'll be very proud of the final outcome, i'm sure.

Keep us posted, we'd always be pleased to hear of the progress you make, even if there are a few hick-ups along the way.

Kind regards

Planey