Crookwell Areodrome NSW YCRL

Is anyone here on the forum familiar with YCRL ?

I wish to fly in there to have a day in town and just look around, grab some lunch and take some photos.They have a few fantastic old buildings there.

What condition is the strip in ?

How far out of town is it, and is it very hilly into town (re push bike or walk?)

Can I contact the owner of the hanger there ? (re all of the above)

Have checked it out on Google Earth/Maps but is better to hear it from someone who has actually been in there.

Cheers

Hi Steve,

The Crookwell airstrip is grass and in fairly good condition. It is about 3km out of town and undulating. If you carry a bisysle you should do it fine. The hanger shown on the airstrip is an old open front one thast is used by one of the local crop dusters at times. (I think the council own it?). If you check Google earth, you will see another airstrip on the town side of the long council one. That is a private strip.

The local frequency is 126.7. (general agreement).

I often fly into there and enjoy the sunshine and peace and quiet (inside of the eyelids) for hals an hour or so then fly back to Goulburn (YGLB) which is 25nm to the south.

Cheers

Maynard

Cheers Rob, its a beautiful looking spot and looks just the spot for a nice quite bit of shut eye.

I,ll be flying out from Bathurst so about an Hour in the Gazelle.

Probably a bit chilli out there at the moment, will have to pick my day when its a bit warmer me thinks.

Hope to drop in on you one day soon also at Goulburn.

Taking Wifey via Gouldburn to the Gong for lunch and then home via Victor 1- Katoomba- Bathurst.

I,ll let you know, maybe we can meet up at the Gong.

Thanks again Rob for the info.

Cheers Rob, its a beautiful looking spot and looks just the spot for a nice quite bit of shut eye.I,ll be flying out from Bathurst so about an Hour in the Gazelle.

Probably a bit chilli out there at the moment, will have to pick my day when its a bit warmer me thinks.

Hope to drop in on you one day soon also at Goulburn.

Taking Wifey via Gouldburn to the Gong for lunch and then home via Victor 1- Katoomba- Bathurst.

I,ll let you know, maybe we can meet up at the Gong.

Thanks again Rob for the info.

Hey Steve,

I'm doing the Gong this weekend as well.. Family birthday party. What track do you take from V1 to Katoomba?

Cheers,

Chris