Progressive Flying Dinner

Guest becky1

Guest becky1

Hi Everyone,

Its on again,the Gympie Aero Clubs fifteenth annual progressive flying dinner.

The date is Sunday 12th Sept. with breakfast starting at approx.8.30 am provided by the Hervey Bay Aero Club at YHBA.

We then all fly down the coast to Boreen point [near Noosa] to Greenfields,a beautiful privately owned airstrip and property for a barbeque then on to Gympie for afternoon tea.

This has been a huge event in the past with up to 50 aircraft attending and this year is shaping up to being even bigger.

The cost is $33 per person which covers all three courses,plus lucky prizes to be handed out at the end of the day at YGYM

So come along,tell your aviation friends and enjoy the flying, food and the company.

We will look forward to seeing you and for RSVP or more info please contact Jennifer on 0419 784 715 [email protected]

See you on the day

Jennifer

well, at the moment, there can be no accusations of not enough events on

There is this progressive dinner, the Watts Bridge Festival, and the Dalby W & W. And previously, the Monto flyin (great fun), etc

hopefully, by next year, with a newly minted certificate (I'm hoping), and if I can oil the hinges on the finance minister's purse, I'll be out there myself.

Jennifer, sadly unless I can bludge a ride, I won't be able to make this one - but what a fantastic idea.

All the more reason to find a way to own a capable aircraft, I really want to be able to enjoy flyins etc without worrying about the next hirer tapping his foot back at the field.

Next time!

Guest becky1

Hi Spin and others who would like a ride,

We would love to have you come along,even if you do not have your own wings,we have quite a few 4 seat aircraft going along,so good chance we can find you a place,its just a matter of contributing to the fuel used for the day.

For those that are flying in,if you cannot get around to all three venues ,just come to one, breakfast ,lunch or afternoon tea,you only need to donate for the food at that aerodrome.

Cannot emphazise enough,this is a fantastic day,superb scenery,great airstrips,and beautiful food,so bring your partner and your family if you have a large enough aircraft,or if you live close enough to any of the venues,drive in and enjoy the company of other aviators.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if our club can help you attend in any way.

happy landings

Jennifer

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Walter Buschor

Hi All,

Just noticed that there is little interest on this thread. I'd like to encourage everyone to come along as it is a terriffic event with lots of fun and graet companie. It is also a very social event and one of the highlights of the year ! For all of those who don't have their own/hired A/C let it be known you wish to go. There are nearly always spare seats available.

So come along and find out what you've been missing and join in the fun.011_clap.gif.c796ec930025ef6b94efb6b089d30b16.gif

hope to see many of you there

fly safe

Walter

• 2 weeks later...

Fantastic Flying, Fabulous Food.

For all of you out there with healthy appetites and love flying,its on this Sunday, the best day you could possibly have involving aviation and food,so we will see you all at Hervey Bay Aero Club for Breakfast,then fly on to the next two venues for more aviation and more food.

Definately one of the highlights of the day for those who havent been there yet is landing at Greenfields for lunch,a fantastic property and the home to a private collection of classic aeroplanes.

Plus at YGYM we have prizes,yes! your meal tickets are also raffle tickets,lots to win.

See you there.

Jennifer