Back in the Saddle

Having moved from Cairns to Temora, I've taken some time to settle in to a new town and get organised with some more flying. I knew it was some time since I last flew, but it was really March 2009 - way too long 051_crying.gif.fe5d15edcc60afab3cc76b2638e7acf3.gif .

I bit the bullet and booked in a famil flight with Jill from Temora Flight Training to get brought up to speed on the Tecnam Sierra P2002. Great plane and an interesting transition from the Jabiru UL/D to a low wing aircraft. I've now completed a couple of hours in the Tecnam and Jill has cleared me to hire the club plane 011_clap.gif.c796ec930025ef6b94efb6b089d30b16.gif. I look forward to adding to the bucket of experience before the bucket of luck runs out.

My 15 year old son has begun his flying training and he has completed his first two hours. This is an exciting hobby, but I've got to buy me a plane now! It's getting too expensive with two pilots in the family.

Cheers and safe flying.

Mathew

G'Day Mark,

Other than a car, it was work that brought me from Cairns to Temora. I am a pastor in the Lutheran church and the people in Temora asked me to come and serve them which I have been very happy to do so. The funny thing is, most people ask, "Why would you move from Cairns to Temora?" While Cairns and the surrounding area is beautiful, I much prefer Temora as a community and it really is a 'go-ahead' sort of a town.

Longer term, I see an opportunity to use a plane to serve a much larger area, maybe as far afield as Tamworth/Armidale to Leeton/Griffith. But that is a bigger picture and I'm happy working around Temora for now. It's certainly a picture from above with the crops growing well and the paddocks of canola in full flower.

Cheers, Mathew