A big Hello from a new future flyer

ultralightflyer

Just wanted to say "Hello" to all. A little about myself, I am totally new to flying, in general. I have always wanted to get into it, but life always got in the way.

Now I plan to join the ranks of pilots and have decided to chronicle my journey in a new blog, in hopes of helping others.

I had planned on getting and flying a Part 103 Ultralight,(as you are not required a license in the US) but last weekend I attended a local fly-in, and was impressed by the Light Sport Aircraft on display, so I may decide to go that route in the future.

Enough about me, I just wanted to say "Hi" and you can be sure that I will be filled with questions and hope that I can find answers in this forum.

Thanks,

Ultralightflyer

Guest davidh10

098_welcome.gif.81ff07d492568199326e4f64f78d7bc6.gif Ultralightflyer.

Given the different legislative structure and provisions in Australia, I'm not sure what a "Part 103 Ultralight" means, however I'm sure that by going the training and licence route you will be a safer pilot with greater scope and freedoms.

There's lots of different types and models of aircraft to choose from. I suggest you talk to some instructors and even take a couple of TIFs (Trial Instructional Flights) in different types of aircraft to help shape your thoughts as to what direction you want to take.

Now I've Googled Part 103 and it looks very restrictive. Even my ultralight, pictured in my avatar exceeds the seats, stall speed, top speed, fuel capacity and weight for Part 103, so it is indeed very restrictive.