PTT wiring

Guest Redair

Greetings each, I am looking for help from any lady or gentleman, (or even 5 year old for that matter) on how to wire up my PTT buttons. Now before you get excited and think I am a complete no-hoper!! What I am after is this.... I have a Microair M760 Q, and the installation instructions advise that both mics will be live if either PTT button is pushed, however, by using relays this situation can be remedied and only the mic for that PTT button can be made live, (the other remaining silent, and hence cutting out my dear wife's continual chatter!!). the problem is, that they don't give clear instructions on how to do this, and their website doesn't seem to contain the information either. So has anyone made this modification? Or is it just that you have never needed it because you don't fly with my wife!!!!! A detailed description, or better yet wiring diagram would be much appreciated.

Many thanks, Redair

PS, only joking about the wife, she is a wonderful person who actively encourages me to spend lots of money on building a plane!!018_hug.gif.8f44196246785568c4ba31412287795a.gif

Guest Andys@coffs

[ATTACH]12112.vB[/ATTACH]

This should do it.

uses 2 12v relays that are DPDT (Double Pole Double Throw, effectively 2 switches each switch having a normally closed set of contacts and a normalopen set of contacts) or if really fancy and you want the ability to lock out the other (perhaps a good idea beacuse if both PTT's get pushed no Mic will be connected to the radio with the inserted design) the 3PDT so that the 3rd switch, connected as Normally closed is used in series with the PTT button of the otherside to lock out the otherside PTT by opening the NC contacts when this sides PTT is pushed.

I drew the Pin Number refernces for ther 760 from the most recent iteration of teh 760 manual so if its an older version may be worth checking

Edit....In thinking about this, there is a simpler approach and that is to just use relay 1. Relay 2 is used to isolate the pilots Mic, in the case that the copilot triggers their PTT. In the circumstances you described that may be overkill. If you cant think of a case where you would want the pilots mike isolated then just wire in Relay 1 and the pilots mike as per the original.

Andy

Untitled.thumb.jpg.7f47c9d99df01c46cc4f86b6555677a9.jpg