Weekend camping airstrips in sqld and nnsw

ellpar

Guest Toally87

Thanks Andy, i'll be sure to give you a buzz when i get down, looking forward to having lots of wonderfull places to fly.

Toally

.I'm moving to toowoomba in a fortnight so i'm pretty keen to visit all of these places when i pick up my cheetah.

Hope to see you all out and about in the near future

Dave.

And welcome to the SE region and in particular Toowoomba hope to catch up with you in due course and certainly take some images of you enjoying the Cheetah around our region

Regards

Scott

Is it Ok to camp on the strip at Boonah or is there somewhere in town?

You will be made very welcome at Boonah, especially at the Flying Tigers. You can camp there short term. You'd need to arrive on the weekend for best results.

There is a Caravan park in town where you can camp longer...

No water hole but beautiful scenery.

Club facilities available during weekend and public toilets only during week.

Its a magnificent flight from here (Boonah) to Murwillumbah...

Cherabah resort, (Leave from Boonah) would be worth a look as well (They have their own airstrip), they have accomodation and cater for day visitors.

If you come during the 3rd weekend of the month you can join in for the monthly BBQ Lunch at the Tigers club!!

wg

Does anyone happen to know of any quiet little bush airstrips in Southern Qld or Northern Nsw where a person can land and camp for a couple of days. A water hole would be good, some interesting country also good. Access to civilization not required. Look forward to hearing of anything you may have found.Thanks, Peter.

Theres one at Palmers Island (4NM from Yamba) in NSW ... as well

Many thanks wg, sounds like a fantastic weekend, perhaps a night at Boonah and one at Murwillumba or Cheriba. Is the Flying Tigers BBq on the Saturday or Sunday? Probably won't make it this month, as I am still plugging through the test flying hours, but will get there asap.

Thanks,

Peter

Many thanks wg, sounds like a fantastic weekend, perhaps a night at Boonah and one at Murwillumba or Cheriba. Is the Flying Tigers BBq on the Saturday or Sunday? Probably won't make it this month, as I am still plugging through the test flying hours, but will get there asap.Thanks,

Peter

Sunday, theres one on next week,21-11 and the AGM . . .

Warick