Flying Trip

David F

Just arrived home after my first trip further than Cowra (from Cessnock) Route was as follows Cessnock Narromine (stuck for 4 days howling gale persistant rain) Thanks to Peter and Nita the new caravan park owners for running us into town lending dvds and all the nice stuff that they didnt really have to do.Then the weather improved so it was off to Bourke fuel stop leg stretch then on to Cunnanulla and Charlieville overnight here then Augathella Tambo Blackall stop at Longreach did the stockmans hall of fame and the Qantas museum (sat in the pilots seat of the 747) was surprised to see that the controls were cable driven but it was a 200 model.Then onward Cloncurry Lorraine Gregory Down to Adels Grove and camping dont expect too much sleep here with the barking frog eating owls in fact it seems everything eats the frogs (except us) Next day we hired canoes and went for a paddle down the gorge at Gregorys Down had a swim and saw two freshwater crocodiles on the way back.Then to Mt isa ,Boulia, Bedoura to Birdsville They were having a 30 year anniversary since the pub was rebuilt so we had to join in good food and entertainment curried camel pies mmmm Flew over big red one and two they had been waterski ing here road was closed from Quilpie so not many people here. Then Windora Thyungra Quilpie overnight at the caravan park then to Kilcowra Station landing on the sand runway you stop quick.Down to bourke and back to Commeroo camel station last night then Bourke Nyngan Narromine leg stretch fuel and on to Cessnock.

3097 nautical miles in 39 hours 79 kt average flew on 11 days found the long range tanks invaluable and was able to use then as I was flying on my own but in the company of Jenny and Phil who were flying a Pioneer.The Pioneer is a bit faster but takes less fuel on the Commeroo to Narromine leg they had to land and fuel at Bourke I did not. We landed within five minutes of each other.Not doing much today but might do a few circuits on Sunday then start the 100 hourly.

A good trip good company and excellent pre booking rebooking and accomodation by Jenny

Dave

rain.gif Narromine cool.gif Qld 011_clap.gif.c796ec930025ef6b94efb6b089d30b16.gif The end result