joined for specific reason: engine failure flying Jab engine

ieadave

Hi,

Just found your group while doing a Yahoo search on Jab engine failures. I recently had an in flight catastrophic engine failure resulting i a dead sick landing...thankfully on field. I'm looking for data and information regarding the loss of an exhaust valve and destruction of the engine. I'm located in the USA and will post sometime in the future, and in the proper forum, a full report of my adventure. My interest is understanding the factors which underlined the loss of the engine. 2200A engine. 290 hr. on the engine.

ieadave

USA

Thorpedo SLAS

Welcome aboard mate, glad to hear your mishap had a good outcome. There is a fair amount of info on the site about Jab engines and their foibles, so you have probably come to the right place. Had to google your aircraft type, very nice!

Guest Maj Millard

Hi there Dave, Welcome , you have come to the right place for your info. I have a 912 myself so can't help you with the Jab, but there has been a lot of good info on Jab solutions posted lately on this forum. My wife and I visited St Louis back in 87 after Oshkosh to check out a Lindbergh exhibition at the Museum there. It was great and we wern't dissapointed. Nice city you have there. Cheers for now ..............................................................Maj...024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif