Nav Computers

I am about to embark on x country training and would welcome advice from you all regarding these whizz wheels... and especially the relative merits of the EB-6 and the Jeppesen models.

One opinion is that the Jeppesens win because they are easy to keep in a pocket. I imagine they are similar in function, if not in form.

So, what do you use, and why...

Lee.

I use the large round one that you are contemplating. Down-side is that they are expensive and large, but the upside is that you read them easier because the text is bigger. A little overpriced in OZ also for what you are buying.

Once shown how to use it you'll find it really easy.

Guest pelorus32

I use a Jeppesen CR3 which is I think the 6 inch version. Better for ageing eyes than the smaller one. Easy enough to use for all the basics.

Mike

Congratulations

Lee,

Congratulations ! ;) 011_clap.gif.c796ec930025ef6b94efb6b089d30b16.gif 011_clap.gif.8adfe837b4189ee6622bf4917d6a88c0.gif

If you are about to start cross country training, then obvioulsy you are the proud owner of a pilot certificate.

How does it feel :big_grin: Fantastic. When did it happen, and who signed you off ?

All the best

Kirk