Jabiru... most docile model?

Excuse my lack of knowledge, but i was wondering if someone may be able to point out the Jabiru model that is best at docile slow flight and short landing/takeoff?

Or are there other 3 axis aircraft maore capable in this area (A22, Storch, etc)?

There certainly seems to be a lot of Jabiru's around - I guess this means they are doing the job pretty well?

Are they a difficult aircraft to fly?

Thanks

Hello MM, There are a lot of Jabirus out there because they are Australian made and represent value for money. None of the range of Jabirus could be described as having docile slow flight characterisics when compared to the Foxbat, Savannah or the like. They are not a stol aircraft. They are not difficult to fly, but there are other aircraft that are easier to fly. Regards, Bob

i would also agree with RKW , there are a lot of jabs around as they are easy to get and at a good price range . but certainly not a slow or dosile aircraft , but great for traveling distance with pace . i have done about 50 hours in a savanah and they are a very dosile easy to fly and foregiving air craft with very short take off and landing (30 meters), can cruise safely at around 45 knts but also with a 80 to 90 knt cruise at about 16 to 17 ltrs an hour . then there is a foxbat , eurofox and i thik the sky ranger and sky fox that all perform like the savanah but i have no personal expierience with any off those . GOOD LUCK

New or used makes a difference, as well as factory or kit built, especially if used.

Jab's are not STOL with all that implies.

I think the factory built Savannah is currently best buy for new STOL. Second hand, factory built Foxbat the best (no Savannah's yet that I know of). As for kit built there are a lot of choise with a lot of types...get someone who REARLY can assess condition/built quality to FULLY inspect before paying anything. Do not get me wrong, there are some beautiful great value kit built aircraft...and some "dogs"!

Hi MM, Yes the Foxy's are becoming very popular. They can be ordered with either a central joy stick, or dual control columns. There are now two of them at Caboolture and I think one is for sale. Best Regards, Bob