Found this new post on the Microlight Forums which is a pommy based

Disaster at Eddsfield Airfield North Yorkshire

It is feared up to 40 aircraft have met their peril at Eddsfield Airfield North Yorkshire today.

Eddsfield as well as being the re-fueling station for the coast guard helicopter fleet/north and west Yorkshire police helicopters and the much used 2 Yorkshire air ambulances,Eddsfield is home to about 60 privately owned aircraft.

As squadron coordinator and chief pilot of Air Search Yorkshire,one of my tasks during the day is to field many of the calls/emails and text messages for assistance in an area covering a large part of Yorkshire. Today i was contacted by a member of scarborough coast guard to provide reconnaissance photos of a large snow slide. as it turns out it wasn't a snow slide, but 2 out of the 3 hangars at Eddsfield Airfield had collapsed during this morning crushing the 40+ aircraft inside including most of the north Yorkshire fleet of skywatch search aircraft.....fortunately there was no loss of life.

unfortunately we're all sat here grounded by the hourly snow storms,so could not attend,but when V.F.R. rules permit I'll post a few pics.

The reason for the post, many members of this forum use Eddsfield as a halfway point when flying over the north Yorkshire moors and the east coast,Eddsfield should be considered closed and pilots are advised to use Beverly(lindley hill) for the time being

re fueling facilities will operate from lindley hill