Inland from Brisbane - flying scenery - any good?

The airspace is reasonably intense around the Brisy area, so study the VTC etc carefully. Brisy, or Archerfield is all CTA also.

What area do you have in mind? If you head out toward the Downs - Toowoomba, Dalby etc... quite nice scenery - particularly at present with all the cotton crops coming up - and fair bit of water about too!

G'day Tomo,

Yes thats the sort of area that i was thinking, but I must confess i am totally in the dark with that area in general. Just have a mate in the general area into flying and might have the opportunity to look around. Suggestions for great scenic flying spots?

Cheers

ian

Guest Escadrille

MM Flying inland over Somerset via Kilcoy and down to Watts Bridge Airfield (around via the dam wall or over through the gap)and then Lake Wivenhoe,keeping to the west of the Lake around Amberley Airspace then down around Laidley then around to the South East to Boonah is a great flight>...

You can even drop in to our strip at Grantham..or get permission and go to Gatton South Airpark...

The coastal areas are really scenic, the islands, Tangalooma, or near Caboolture you can't beat the Glasshouse Mountains. Heading west, going over the dams isn't too bad, and if you head out past Toowoomba the Darling Downs area has some nice farmland. Once you get west of that there isn't that much to see for a while, just flat land really. If you like huge cattle feed lots and silos there are a few of those.

There's also the scenic rim area near Boonah.