HI

Chris Tarran

Thanks Dave. John covered all the standard stall and recovery stuff pretty thoroughly. It was not the most enjoyable part of the training syllabus I might add. Standard stalls are OK and the Tecnam doesn't have any bad habits but I particularly didn't like the incipient spin stuff and was having trouble with head spins until I learnt to look out the front and not to the downward side. I probably have all the tickets I need I suppose so I think I'll just practice what I have learnt and go back to John for coaching on things I think need work from time to time. I have no ambition at my age to become an aerobatic pilot although I might do my transition to PPL to open up some destination options.

I can see my biggest issue being currency as I don't have the option of just hopping in an aircraft and doing an hour flight, John is 2 hours away in Port Augusta and there is another Tecnam and a Jab for rent an hour and a half away in Port Lincoln so it is a fair logistical exercise to 1. Get the time off, 2. Drive to the airstrip and 3. Organise a flight.

Cheers

Chris