RAA Weight restriction

Guest wondai aviation

Guest wondai aviation

I have just heard that the RAA has recieved a new weight restriction / limitation placed on it by CASA because they weighed a couple of RAA registered 152's and they were grossly overweight.

Anyone know if theres any truth in this ?

Those bloody Ra-Aus registered 152's had to come back to haunt them...

I remember another thread about these particular aircraft with Ra-Aus rego... and it was my opinion that based on all the info put forward in the thread that there was no way... even if they were "rebuilt"... that they were able to be registered as under the weight limit. So why were they registered?

Or is this just a rumor at this stage???

Perhaps it will be put in the same basket as the missing 001 regos???

Guest burbles1

If you have this weight info from RA-Aus, please show the correspondence so we can take this seriously (i.e. I didn't post about the CTA endo until I had a reply from Steve).

Steve was called today and he said that the weight limit would apply to old GA registered planes that were not built under the 51% rule like the 152. It will not apply to the bulk of the planes that we are building and flying.

If you need confirmation use the phone and call Steve your self.

Ianrat

CH601XL

That makes sense... I guess Ra-Aus had to close a loophole... Someone needs to administer these almost Lsa Antiques but I guess Ra-Aus can't.

Its a shame really. Is there any correlation between this and the number of Luscombes for sale recently?

Steve was called today and he said that the weight limit would apply to old GA registered planes that were not built under the 51% rule like the 152. It will not apply to the bulk of the planes that we are building and flying.

If you need confirmation use the phone and call Steve your self.

Ianrat

CH601XL

Yeah, but what is the limit? As to the Luscombes, I thought they were an almost perfect fit for RA, MAUW of 544kg according to the handbook I saw?

Those bloody Ra-Aus registered 152's had to come back to haunt them...I remember another thread about these particular aircraft with Ra-Aus rego... and it was my opinion that based on all the info put forward in the thread that there was no way... even if they were "rebuilt"... that they were able to be registered as under the weight limit. So why were they registered?

Or is this just a rumor at this stage???

Perhaps it will be put in the same basket as the missing 001 regos???

So who signed the overweights off? surely they knew they were to heavy or were they working on the 'well if they are on the RAAus register then may as well push the weight increase thru.' I don't have to much confidence in management when i read this sort of thing.