New RAA Student

Guest SAJabiruflyer

Guest SAJabiruflyer

Passed my flight test last weekend. Many thanks to Ed CFI, Richard, Michael (Ab Initio training), Nick, Peter, Geoff (for his no-bull opinions and advice) and to all involved from Goolwa Recreational Flying School who helped me along path the achieve my Pilot Certificate. Looking forward to learning more each time I Hire n Fly from now on.

Guest SAJabiruflyer

Thankyou. Ed CFI told me to think of the test as "just taking him for a flight" so I did my best. We wont mention the naughty pax/CFI keeping on pushing on the rudders and/or leaning on the ailerons to test my reactions. All in all it was a great experience. Havent flown since though - been busy buying old cars, and next weekend of course is Avalon.

Guest davidh10

Good job. Congratulations. Now on with the journey.

People make too much of the pressure of tests. The pressure is only perceived. If you are ready, you will pass, as you have done. Your CFI's advice "just treat it as if you were taking him for a ride" is just as it should be. Looks like he threw in some of the things that you would normally not get until doing PAX test.

Guest SAJabiruflyer

Went for my first flight as a Pilot today. Great weather, bit bumpy down low but ok up at 2500. Flew from Goolwa down the coast to Victor, then back past the Murray Mouth. Popped back into the circuit but some student Parachutists were dropping, didnt want to damage the plane so went for a fly over to the Training Area at Milang. Some steep turns, stall recognition and recovery (from 4000), then it was back into Circuit for a couple of touch n go's. All in all a great day! :)