The Oaks Flying Saturday 24th Feb 2007

Guest Fred Bear

Guest Fred Bear

Well we departed The Oaks this morning with pilot Dave C at the controls. Good to sit there and look out the window for once! Perfect conditions although hot and humid. We departed on RWY 36 R at The Oaks bound for Hoxton Park (YHOX). Flew over some familiar territory enroute YHOX. Not a bump in the sky and settled for about 2,000ft. John Tarus Jabiru 1817 did not miss a beat! Uneventful and excellent landing by Dave C at YHOX! Nice to have a tarred surface for a change! ;) Had a look around the hot and humid field, grabbed a $2 can of drink from Liverpool Flying Club (that was an effort eh Dave) :;)2:. Walked down to McIver Aviation Hanger and had a good look-see at new Cessna Skylane VH-MAG that the proud owner ferried back himself from the US of A. Nice glass cockpit here folks. Now if we had the money...Departed for The Oaks from YHOX around an hr later (due to cbs building in the West). Had a quick return to The Oaks due to a little tail wind. Nice landing on 36R above the tree tops! I say open RWY 36L again!! Amazing how much the whole of this area has greened up again after some much needed rain. Well done to Dave C too for a wonderful flight. My shout next time mate! Good to see all of you again at The Oaks too after a month away from there. See you next weekend!

Check the oil please Dave!

Some of YHOX

New Cessna Skylane VH-MAG at YHOX

The Skylane Office

My ugly mug!

CB's building inflight

Dave C...well what we can see of him anyway!

What a great day! :)

The hangar you are parked out in front of is where i had my Vampire up until last week, its now hangared at Cessnock and i a member of the Hunter valley flying club! very nice and helpful bunch of guys and girls..

as for the $2 can of drink, Ashley from the flying school in the hanger you were parked in front of has them for $1!

having been in cessnock only just a week, i am already missing hoxton, with that toll use emergency runway the entire length of the circuit..

Guest David C

Lets not forget our " sponsors " Darren , bless em !! ;) . Waiting patiently in the luxurious air conditioned passenger terminal at The Oaks ..006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif

Dave

Guest Fred Bear

Told you we could get the drinks cheaper Dave! Never mind, all for a good cause. Thanks for the comments again Rick. Oh dear, my daughter is missing out of the pic. Probably out playing with the dogs...

Guest David C

Darren ,

You're right !! , What a star indeed 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif , and how ironical is it that the " Oscars " are being presented today in LA . I think I have missed out this year but I'm hoping for a gong at the Academy Awards next year for sure , and what about your nomination for supporting actor , I reckon your in with a shout there Darren ..;)..